On Wednesday, Rev. Dr. William Barber is leading a moral impeachment of Trump in DC. And, why Progressives need to start ensuring there are independent media for our cause.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I interview Reverend Dr. William Barber about an interdenominational march supported by over 5,000 clergies on Wednesday in Washington DC. Barber discusses both the religious deviance of the likes of Franklin Graham and Jerry Falwell.
Independent media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Progressives want to Impeach Now
Immediately after impeaching the president, change the narrative to policies for the poor and middle-class irrespective of the media obsession. Democratic candidates must just tacitly refer to the impeachment in terms of a president under a cloud and then move on to Medicare for All and other poor and middle-class centric policies. But the most powerful messenger is you. Progressives, let’s beat them all.
- It is time to start impeachment proceedings immediately.
- TheHill: Hickenlooper booed in San Francisco for denouncing socialism
- WaPo: Trump urges customers to drop AT&T to punish CNN over its coverage of him
- CNN: John Delaney booed by California Democrats after criticizing ‘Medicare for All’ “Medicare for All may sound good.
CommonDreams: ‘The DNC Is on the Wrong Side of History’: Challenged by Activists, Tom Perez Says Hosting 2020 Debate on Climate Crisis ‘Not Practical’
Confronted by activists during a fundraiser for the Florida Democratic Party over the weekend, DNC chairman Tom Perez insisted it would be impractical to make one of the dozen scheduled 2020 presidential primary debates solely about the global climate crisis and candidates’ proposed solutions.
“A lot of young people say we should have a single debate focused on climate change,” Perez told activists after delivering a speech at the gala. But, the DNC chairman added, “once you have one single issue debate, then every debate leads to become a single issue debate in order to address the concerns.”
“So these debates, and we will have issue areas in debates, including but not limited to climate,” Perez said, “but it’s just not practical for us to have one debate on democracy reform, one debate on voting.”
Perez’s remarks provoked further outrage from grassroots groups that have been demanding a climate-specific debate, particularly given that past presidential debates have largely ignored the crisis—even in the face of scientific evidence showing that immediate and drastic action must be taken to avert catastrophic warming.
“What’s actually unrealistic: the Democratic establishment saying we’ll stop climate change when they aren’t even willing to have a debate on it,” the youth-led Sunrise Movement tweeted in response to Perez’s comments, which came just days after he announced that the DNC would not host a climate-specific debate and would punish candidates who attend a debate hosted by a different organization.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Will the internet army save Putin’s Pet troll?
- Bernie Sanders Can’t Win (by as Much) Unless Youth Vote Surges (Like It Recently Has)
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.