Bobby Rodrigo discusses the Right Wing takeover in Brazil, and its similarities in the U.S. Mainstream Media continuous appeasement to the Plutocracy necessitates a robust Independent Progressive Media.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Progressive Media addresses Brazil’s Right Wing
Bobby Rodrigo, Coffee Party Board Member, discusses a subject seldom discussed in the American Mainstream Media even as it presents a stability issue in Latin America and beyond. We will talk about Brazil in segment one.
Segment two will discuss a clip from Chuck Todd on Meet The Press that presents Mainstream Media behavior that has us in the position that we are in right now. We will discuss what needs to be done and how to grow the Progressive Media.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Progressives want to Impeach Now
Immediately after impeaching the president, change the narrative to policies for the poor and middle-class irrespective of the media obsession. Democratic candidates must just tacitly refer to the impeachment in terms of a president under a cloud and then move on to Medicare for All and other poor and middle-class centric policies. But the most powerful messenger is you. Progressives, let’s beat them all.
- Trump’s federal budget deficit skyrocketed to $207.8 billion in the month of May. “The gap between the amount the government takes in and spends came in at $207.8 billion last month, and the Treasury Department said Wednesday, nearly 42% higher than a year earlier. The increase happened in part because of June 1 falling on a Saturday, a non-business day, meaning some benefit payments were made earlier than usual,” the report said.
TruthOut: Want to Be a Principled Billionaire? Stop Being a Billionaire.
MacKenzie Bezos, the ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, has signed the “Giving Pledge,” promising to donate at least half of the fortune she received after her separation from Jeff to charity. This is many billions more than the $2 billion Jeff, literally the richest person in the world, has pledged to give to charity. It’s also not nearly enough.
Big Philanthropy is simply plutocracy, “an exercise of power by the wealthy that is unaccountable, non-transparent, donor-directed, perpetual, and tax-subsidized,” Stanford professor Rob Reich, one of the faculty directors of the university’s Center for Ethics in Society, told The Atlantic. But let’s give Bezos, like we give Bill and Melinda Gates, the benefit of the doubt: Let’s believe that she’s a humanitarian, and that she’s trying to help humanity. Then why isn’t she giving more?
It’s true that half of $37 billion is more money than I’ll ever give to charity in my life, and that I’m unlikely to donate half my net worth anytime soon. But I’m not a capitalist; I don’t exploit workers; and I’m not a billionaire. Statistically speaking, none of us are. Billionaires are simply illogical. Money loses coherency at that level — not to mention numbers themselves.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- My heart’s with Bernie but Warren knows to use a dagger with a smile.
- What is so-called “Flying Shame” and what’s the climate connection?
- On the Trump dog whistle and his manifesto destiny – complicit to the core.
- The stories keep coming. It is about life or death! And it is real.
- Impeachment coverage must not stifle Medicare for All & other Progressive issues.
- Fox News Poll: Most Americans now want Donald Trump impeached & removed.
- Why as Danny lost his arm & Bernie’s heart paused, they preached Medicare for All.
- The Donald Trump War On American Children
- Bernie supporter or not, mainstream corporate media playing us all.
- Chuck Todd explodes on Sen. Johnson: Stop trying to make Donald Trump feel better!