Is the Democratic Establishment pulling one over the base by allowing GOP’s three-dimensional fear of Biden chess? And Tamara Shealey discusses the reparation debate.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Democrats must not fall for the GOP’s supposed fear of Biden
I can imagine the laughter in the backrooms of all the GOP planning sessions. They must be astounded by their success in creating the Biden narrative. Damn, Democratic voters and even some Republican voters think this man who could never make it past a Democratic primary with the experienced and the inexperienced would somehow be the answer to Trump. I sure as hell hope more people start listening to those of us that can see through the scam.
But in our first segment, our every-other-Wednesday guest, political activist, and former Georgia State Senatorial candidate Tamara Shealey will discuss the reparation debate. It should be interesting since while I believe reparations are owed, the idea that we can hope that a Plutocracy driven government does the right thing is a high wall to climb
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Progressives want to Impeach Now
Immediately after impeaching the president, change the narrative to policies for the poor and middle-class irrespective of the media obsession. Democratic candidates must just tacitly refer to the impeachment in terms of a president under a cloud and then move on to Medicare for All and other poor and middle-class centric policies. But the most powerful messenger is you. Progressives, let’s beat them all.
- Trump’s federal budget deficit skyrocketed to $207.8 billion in the month of May. “The gap between the amount the government takes in and spends came in at $207.8 billion last month, and the Treasury Department said Wednesday, nearly 42% higher than a year earlier. The increase happened in part because of June 1 falling on a Saturday, a non-business day, meaning some benefit payments were made earlier than usual,” the report said.
TruthOut: Want to Be a Principled Billionaire? Stop Being a Billionaire.
MacKenzie Bezos, the ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, has signed the “Giving Pledge,” promising to donate at least half of the fortune she received after her separation from Jeff to charity. This is many billions more than the $2 billion Jeff, literally the richest person in the world, has pledged to give to charity. It’s also not nearly enough.
Big Philanthropy is simply plutocracy, “an exercise of power by the wealthy that is unaccountable, non-transparent, donor-directed, perpetual, and tax-subsidized,” Stanford professor Rob Reich, one of the faculty directors of the university’s Center for Ethics in Society, told The Atlantic. But let’s give Bezos, like we give Bill and Melinda Gates, the benefit of the doubt: Let’s believe that she’s a humanitarian, and that she’s trying to help humanity. Then why isn’t she giving more?
It’s true that half of $37 billion is more money than I’ll ever give to charity in my life, and that I’m unlikely to donate half my net worth anytime soon. But I’m not a capitalist; I don’t exploit workers; and I’m not a billionaire. Statistically speaking, none of us are. Billionaires are simply illogical. Money loses coherency at that level — not to mention numbers themselves.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Princeton Professor on Obama-Buttigieg policies beyond identity “Same ol’, same ol'”
- What is the Degrowth movement all about and how can I get involved?
- Bragging McConnell & Hannity laugh at how he stopped Obama judge appointments
- Corporate Media using Labour Party defeat to smear progressives.
- Here’s a needed positive message that should be applied to so many issues.
- Make the stock market record highs and low unemployment Trump’s failure.
- Stock Market booming. Unemployment low. Yet there’s another sad reality for most.
- Watch Congressman callout MSNBC for fully airing Republican press conference of lies
- Finland is now led by women. And America is ready.
- Is it about self-government or just uniforms? Football anyone?