The economic collapse did not begin with the 2008 collapse that President Obama attenuated. It is in full vogue and has been for over 30 years. The marketing by the Plutocracy is just so damn good.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The economic collapse has already started
We are led to believe that we are just in a time flux. Like before we can make a few adjustments to our economic system and then all will be fine. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I wrote the following in a message to a few in my circle a few hours ago.
Probability says that there are a few meteors or asteroids traversing the universe destined to collide with the earth and likely to destroy life as we know it. The thing is, if we know years in advance about that collision, we have the technology to nudge ever so gently to change the trajectory without causing too much disruption to everyday life. That is how I view the job of Independent Progressive Media. Mathematically speaking we have an unsustainable economy and very few people see the asteroid coming. If we can get enough people to see it, we can have them elect the politicians who we can nudge to make the changes to correct the mathematical defects in the economy. This is not easy because vested interests are not willing to give up their unearned but political-policy-manufactured gains.
We need a lot more of us building networks to do this in our own spheres of intersecting and disjointed interests. It will not happen on its own and it will not come from politicians who by nature are timid. It has to be from the mobilization of the masses.
We will discuss the deception.
- The gig economy, a fraud of frauds
- Trump not only the fault of Evangelicals
- Unfunded pensions
- Internet control
- Are you a KPFT listener. Do you have good ideas? Come run for the local station board.
- Are you on staff at KPFT? Be a part of the board too.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Elizabeth Warren is on fire and given her slow rise may be unstoppable.
- You want non-ending TAX CUTS? Here’s your future. The rich can leave you can’t.
- Zerlina Maxwell nails it again. A vote for Trump is one supporting racist policies.
- Israel bars Ilhan Omar & Rashida Tlaib from entering the country. Dissenting opinions not tolerated!
- Democrats winning Texas is not a pipe dream at all.
- Trump and GOP setting up the courts to rule after impending Progressive win
- Schooled my Right-Wing AK-47 touting caller on identity politics
- Gun touting Right-Wing guy calls to dispute my views of the U. S. Constitution
- A woman has already won U.S Presidency. We do not need a male savior.
- He died after losing his insurance and turning to a cheaper form of insulin