Two stories, neither having to do with anyone entering the justice system but with both criminal justice and racial justice undertones require serious and intentional addressing sooner than later.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Criminal Justice & Racial Justice
As I went through my Facebook feed I ran across a post that really touched me hard. Why is it still this way in America? Why must some people feel this way? Sadly, there is no escape. We are all searching for justice. Some have never known it but in some arbitrary manner.
- Are you a KPFT listener. Do you have good ideas? Come run for the local station board.
- Are you on staff at KPFT? Be a part of the board too.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Cori Bush Defeats William Lacy Clay in a Show of Progressive Might – The New York Times
- Trump on the 157,000+ COVID-19 deaths: “It is what it is.”
- Republican Stuart Stevens on Trump: “He is a blithering idiot.”
- Most police aren’t good. The statement makes our inaction tolerable as POCs visibly abused/killed.
- Face coverings and ‘cancel culture’
- COVID-19 task force all but call Trump a liar about Hydroxychloroquine?
- Pelosi schools ABC host as she tried to slam Democratic governor on COVID-19 resurgence
- Trump’s Treasury Secretary thinks Americans are overpaid
- 91-year-old activist James Lawson slams plantation capitalism at John Lewis funeral
- President Obama explains that Congressman John Lewis is a founding father.