This 17-year-old climate activist, Arjun Marwaha will make a difference both with his new book and his activism. Time editor at large Anand Giridharadas stunts MSNBC billionaire apologist on faux philanthropy.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Arjun Marwaha, a climate activist making a difference
Arjun Marwaha discusses climate change in the first segment of the program. He wrote the book “Our Changing Earth: Why Climate Change Matters to Young People” that is easy for all to understand independent of political ideology.
The second segment discusses the protests against the AMA, the American Medical Association, AKA a few doctors selling out to the plutocracy at the expense of their patients. We also discuss Anand Giridharadas stunting of MSNBC host as she attempts to be an apologist for billionaire Bloomberg.
Immediately after impeaching the president, change the narrative to policies for the poor and middle-class irrespective of the media obsession. Democratic candidates must just tacitly refer to the impeachment in terms of a president under a cloud and then move on to Medicare for All and other poor and middle-class centric policies. But the most powerful messenger is you. Let’s beat them all.
- It is time to start impeachment proceedings immediately.
- TheHill: Hickenlooper booed in San Francisco for denouncing socialism
- WaPo: Trump urges customers to drop AT&T to punish CNN over its coverage of him
- CNN: John Delaney booed by California Democrats after criticizing ‘Medicare for All’ “Medicare for All may sound good.
CommonDreams: The AMA Stops Us From Getting Health Care
The American Medical Association needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Because we smell something bad, and it’s you: The way you keep Americans from getting health care is rotten to the core.
AMA, you can’t fool me, and the millions like me who now know who you really are, and what you actually stand for. We demand you step out of the way of Medicare For All, which is the health care we want and need.
You’d think the nation’s largest association of doctors—whose stated goal is “the betterment of public health”—would want patients to get care. But the AMA has opposed every major effort to expand health access since 1917. That includes the national health insurance proposed in 1945 by President Harry Truman—who you accused of following the “Moscow party line”- and Medicare, which once again you denounced as “socialized medicine” in 1965. You did want to keep hospitals segregated, and refused to admit African-American doctors to your association until 1968.
The Red Menace is long gone, but the AMA still fights tooth and nail to restrict access to health care. Most recently, the AMA joined private insurers, hospitals, and pharmaceutical makers to create the “Partnership For America’s Health Care Future.” This new lobby has one explicit goal: to kill the growing momentum towards Medicare For All.
Why would they do this? Because single-payer health care, which works so well in other countries, would reduce the outrageous fees some doctors charge in our bloated system, and end the stranglehold that for-profit interests currently have on patients and their pocketbooks.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chuck Todd dismissing journalist’s statement on Trump shows the media complicity
- Elizabeth Warren is on fire and given her slow rise may be unstoppable.
- You want non-ending TAX CUTS? Here’s your future. The rich can leave you can’t.
- Zerlina Maxwell nails it again. A vote for Trump is one supporting racist policies.
- Israel bars Ilhan Omar & Rashida Tlaib from entering the country. Dissenting opinions not tolerated!
- Democrats winning Texas is not a pipe dream at all.
- Trump and GOP setting up the courts to rule after impending Progressive win
- Schooled my Right-Wing AK-47 touting caller on identity politics
- Gun touting Right-Wing guy calls to dispute my views of the U. S. Constitution
- A woman has already won U.S Presidency. We do not need a male savior.