Chuck Todd’s attack on Alexandria Ocasio Cortez recently was weird in that he lost all modicum of journalism as he purposefully mischaracterized her statement on concentration camps that was immediately shocking.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
There was a reason for Chuck Todd attacking Alexandria Ocasio Cortez as he did.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has changed the paradigm. And the corporatocracy, the Plutocracy is in fear. Why? Because she is an effective communicator. It is clear the handlers of many of the talking heads irrespective of the slant of the networks, have her in their crosshairs.
Don’t be fooled. No directives from above need to go out to the networks. They are all in the game and understand what they deem to be a growing infection, the education, and liberalization of America led by young, eloquent, likable, believable fearless politicians like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and others (Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, etc.)
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Progressives want to Impeach Now
Immediately after impeaching the president, change the narrative to policies for the poor and middle-class irrespective of the media obsession. Democratic candidates must just tacitly refer to the impeachment in terms of a president under a cloud and then move on to Medicare for All and other poor and middle-class centric policies. But the most powerful messenger is you. Progressives, let’s beat them all.
- Trump’s federal budget deficit skyrocketed to $207.8 billion in the month of May. “The gap between the amount the government takes in and spends came in at $207.8 billion last month, and the Treasury Department said Wednesday, nearly 42% higher than a year earlier. The increase happened in part because of June 1 falling on a Saturday, a non-business day, meaning some benefit payments were made earlier than usual,” the report said.
TruthOut: Want to Be a Principled Billionaire? Stop Being a Billionaire.
MacKenzie Bezos, the ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, has signed the “Giving Pledge,” promising to donate at least half of the fortune she received after her separation from Jeff to charity. This is many billions more than the $2 billion Jeff, literally the richest person in the world, has pledged to give to charity. It’s also not nearly enough.
Big Philanthropy is simply plutocracy, “an exercise of power by the wealthy that is unaccountable, non-transparent, donor-directed, perpetual, and tax-subsidized,” Stanford professor Rob Reich, one of the faculty directors of the university’s Center for Ethics in Society, told The Atlantic. But let’s give Bezos, like we give Bill and Melinda Gates, the benefit of the doubt: Let’s believe that she’s a humanitarian, and that she’s trying to help humanity. Then why isn’t she giving more?
It’s true that half of $37 billion is more money than I’ll ever give to charity in my life, and that I’m unlikely to donate half my net worth anytime soon. But I’m not a capitalist; I don’t exploit workers; and I’m not a billionaire. Statistically speaking, none of us are. Billionaires are simply illogical. Money loses coherency at that level — not to mention numbers themselves.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- When did Cheatgrass become a problem in the west?
- Is the invasive insect called the Emerald Ash Borer wreaking havoc in all US?
- What’s the environmental impact of throwing away all the single-use PPE
- Trump Effect: Man receives racist letter for black Santa decorations
- Why Capitalism Was Destined to Come Out on Top in the 2020 Election
- Joe Scarborough tells an inconvenient truth about the 2020 vote and Biden’s bipartisanship
- COVID-19-afflicted movie star praises Medicare for All in Canada that saved his life.
- Joe Scarborough scorches GOP with a retort even Progressives agree with emphatically.
- Doctor on Trump’s Thanksgiving advice: ‘Absolute abject failure of the leadership’ of Trump.
- No Car, No Vote: “Emergency” Georgia Registration Roadblock