Call me at (646)716-5812, Tweet me @EgbertoWillies using #PoliticsDoneRight, comment to me on our Facebook Live broadcast (http://facebook.com/politicsdoneright) or YouTube Live at http://youtube.com/egbertowillies and tell me what you want.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Like the post office, whether it rains or shine absent a hurricane or some natural or physical disaster, we broadcast Politics Done Right. Sometimes even from riding buses, airplanes, hotel rooms, and conference centers.
Today I was up early pitching to raise funds for KPFT 90.1 FM Houston. Last night I was up late processing time sensitive videos. There was no time to arrange a specific topic. But with so much going on, we can cover many or any topic you want and that is what we will do. As I tell you always, this is your show and you can change its direction anytime whether or not I have a topic. So let’s get busy. Tell me!
- Joy-Ann Reid comments on the Democratic Leadership were spot on.
- Farmer bailout because of tariffs. Picking winners & losers?
CommonDreams: Beware Billionaires Bearing Gifts: There’s a new Koch organization in town. Instead of trying to buy politicians to do the bidding of billionaires, as Charles and David Koch have historically done, this foundation will support community groups trying to cure the miseries of eons—everything from poverty to addiction.
And they’ve got some street cred, having successfully worked with renowned liberal Van Jones to secure legislation to reduce mass incarceration. Billionaire Charles Koch says the mission is this: “We must stand together to help every person rise.”
That is some good stuff, right there. It’s what labor unions have always preached—workers must stand together to gain the collective power essential to pull every one of them up. It works, too. In the middle of the last century, collective bargaining created the great American middle class. Labor unions are created and controlled by workers. Billionaire-funded organizations are beholden to billionaires.
There’s an important difference, though, between the work of labor unions and billionaire-funded organizations. Labor unions are created and controlled by workers. Billionaire-funded organizations are beholden to billionaires.
What could be so bad, though, about accepting gifts from billionaires? Just last week, billionaire Robert F. Smith promised to pay off the student loans of 396 graduates of Morehouse College. That means these young people get to launch their careers without the burden of debt. Smith granted the loan forgiveness with no stipulations other than urging every member of the class of 2019 to do what they could to pay it forward—that is, help others achieve as well.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- The two infrastructure bills may be a worse capitulation than the two Obamacare bills.
- Mainstream media reporter tells an inconvenient truth about a 17-yr-old killer & the justice system.
- Big Pharma uses the patent system to rip us off. Example: Insulin costs $6 to make. We pay $300.
- What gun culture looks like- Simple problems solve by shooting & killing in broad daylight
- Panelists inadvertently inferred that our mythical free market is a fraud. Did you hear it?
- Biden slams profiteering oil company corporate thugs using their hostage-taking to push green energy
- Paul Gosar’s brother, Tim Gosar, appeared on Lawrence and completely slammed his character.
- Joy-Ann Reid agrees Quinnipiac Poll is incoherent and gives sound mitigating advice to Democrats
- The real danger of the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict is the consequences to these people.
- Nicolle Wallace slams Christie for his book giving Fox News a pass for lies & conspiracy theories.
- Did you just call the Democrats weenies: Donny Deutsch great advice to Democrats to win 2022
- POLL: AMERICA’s CONFUSED: Love Biden’s policies but would elect Republicans who would repeal them.
- Neoliberal economist Larry Summers supports sacrificing 4% of workers to stave off benign inflation.
- Inflation & Supply Chain problems are failures of private-sector profiteering, not the government
- Alexandria Ocasio Cortez destroys House Minority Leader McCarthy for defending Gosar
- Barbados PM Mia Mottley’s admonished rich countries at #COP26 on climate change but missed one fact.
- WOW! Republican Rep. destroys Trump: ENORMOUS POLITICAL LOSER who led us into a ditch, & much more!
- Response to a listener who said racism would go away if Progressives stopped talking about it!
- Host dinged Republican operative: Infrastructure week for 4 years. Trump couldn’t get it done.
- EXACTLY! Democrats, listen up. Here is how you win by playing your own game without fear.