Republican politicians seem to have a certain kind of hate for the poor and working class. Even as they seem to despise them they pass policies to make life more difficult. Is that really a family values party?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
During the first 15 minutes or so of the show, Houston Activist Neil Aquino will talk about refugee children being “jailed” right here in Houston Texas. He will talk about the draconian policies of the Trump administration relative to immigration.
Following we will discuss Republican Policies here in Texas and throughout the country that is materially affecting the working class, the middle-class, and the poor. Why is it that so many refuse to understand that these policies are anathema to families and in effect diminishes our humanity and lives.
Texas Observer: Texas Republicans’ War on Workers Roars Back to Life in the House. The Texas GOP has finally returned its attention to its perpetual war on workers. After unexpected delays and with less than a month left in session, Republicans are rushing to achieve one of their top legislative priorities: banning local labor ordinances, including the mandatory paid sick day rules enacted by Austin, San Antonio and, most recently, Dallas. The legislation — which was reconfigured from an omnibus measure into a package of four separate bills — passed out of the Senate last month after stalling for weeks amid concerns that the proposal would imperil local nondiscrimination ordinances that protect LGBTQ people. Those concerns remain, but House Republicans are nonetheless putting their foot on the gas. The House State Affairs Committee held a hearing Wednesday on the package of preemption bills that would cumulatively ban local governments from requiring employers to provide any sort of employment benefits beyond what the state affords, including paid sick days, advanced notice of scheduling and mandatory water breaks. It would also prohibit “fair chance hiring” ordinances that protect job applicants with criminal records.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.
- Stephanie Ruhle blast Republicans after they admit lying about the steal, CRT, and litter boxes
- REALLY? Fox News has a novel and condescendingly sexist message to get women to vote for Republicans
- Matthew Dowd nailed the election as if he was reading a crystal ball
- Fox News slams GOP: Voters said no thanks to the Republican alternative. They’ve indicted the Party.
- Clubs in Action via Humble Area Democrats canvass right up to this existential midterm.
- Billion-fueled Fascism is on the Nov. 8th Ballot
- I AGREE! Michael Moore says it is almost impossible for Democrats to lose the midterms — If …