Republican politicians seem to have a certain kind of hate for the poor and working class. Even as they seem to despise them they pass policies to make life more difficult. Is that really a family values party?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
During the first 15 minutes or so of the show, Houston Activist Neil Aquino will talk about refugee children being “jailed” right here in Houston Texas. He will talk about the draconian policies of the Trump administration relative to immigration.
Following we will discuss Republican Policies here in Texas and throughout the country that is materially affecting the working class, the middle-class, and the poor. Why is it that so many refuse to understand that these policies are anathema to families and in effect diminishes our humanity and lives.
Texas Observer: Texas Republicans’ War on Workers Roars Back to Life in the House. The Texas GOP has finally returned its attention to its perpetual war on workers. After unexpected delays and with less than a month left in session, Republicans are rushing to achieve one of their top legislative priorities: banning local labor ordinances, including the mandatory paid sick day rules enacted by Austin, San Antonio and, most recently, Dallas. The legislation — which was reconfigured from an omnibus measure into a package of four separate bills — passed out of the Senate last month after stalling for weeks amid concerns that the proposal would imperil local nondiscrimination ordinances that protect LGBTQ people. Those concerns remain, but House Republicans are nonetheless putting their foot on the gas. The House State Affairs Committee held a hearing Wednesday on the package of preemption bills that would cumulatively ban local governments from requiring employers to provide any sort of employment benefits beyond what the state affords, including paid sick days, advanced notice of scheduling and mandatory water breaks. It would also prohibit “fair chance hiring” ordinances that protect job applicants with criminal records.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Marjorie Taylor Greene gets some advice from Tiffany Cross as she skewers the congresswoman.
- Yep! Republican Gov: Trump’s TOXIC. GOP showing insanity & signals BIG LIE deniers not wanted.
- Wow! Chuck Todd neuters Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw, ‘There is nothing lazier than that excuse.’
- An example of why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene is a thug and clear and present danger
- Interviews like Ayman Mohyeldin and Israeli ambassador show the importance of diversity.
- Jen Psaki rebuked reporter: Less worried about press conferences & political games being played.
- GOP Strategist: Lying is a litmus test. Civil War continues. I-am-not-crazy coalition on the way
- Former Republican Rep on New Party: Conservative does not mean crazy. Be balanced & not nuts.
- Biden comes out swinging diplomatically at business: Want employees? Pay them a living wage!
- Watch Jen Psaki used reporter’s question to throw shade on a Republican Party in complete disarray.
- Strategist: GOP Civil War is over & Conservatives have lost. Two parties left, traitors & patriots
- Stephanie Ruhle gets it right. If businesses want workers, pay them more.
- Jen Psaki is cool as she dismantles an incompetent ‘People are saying’ Newsmax Right-Wing reporter.
- Biden on top of his game: Snuffs out GOP narrative blaming rescue plan for fewer jobs created.
- Chuck Todd meticulously destroys the Republican Party. They’ll implode, or the country will.
- Mitch McConnell has proven we must believe him at his word. Democrats better act accordingly!
- MSNBC host uses her good fortune to blast America’s draconian family leave & other social policies
- Biden blinks, Progressive’s fight to #FreeTheVaccine may yet save the world and the rest of us.
- Oops! Republican Projection: Man convicted of voter fraud in PA voted for Trump & more to come
- This McConnell statement a green light to write the jobs/infrastructure/family bills Americans want