Republican politicians seem to have a certain kind of hate for the poor and working class. Even as they seem to despise them they pass policies to make life more difficult. Is that really a family values party?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
During the first 15 minutes or so of the show, Houston Activist Neil Aquino will talk about refugee children being “jailed” right here in Houston Texas. He will talk about the draconian policies of the Trump administration relative to immigration.
Following we will discuss Republican Policies here in Texas and throughout the country that is materially affecting the working class, the middle-class, and the poor. Why is it that so many refuse to understand that these policies are anathema to families and in effect diminishes our humanity and lives.
Texas Observer: Texas Republicans’ War on Workers Roars Back to Life in the House. The Texas GOP has finally returned its attention to its perpetual war on workers. After unexpected delays and with less than a month left in session, Republicans are rushing to achieve one of their top legislative priorities: banning local labor ordinances, including the mandatory paid sick day rules enacted by Austin, San Antonio and, most recently, Dallas. The legislation — which was reconfigured from an omnibus measure into a package of four separate bills — passed out of the Senate last month after stalling for weeks amid concerns that the proposal would imperil local nondiscrimination ordinances that protect LGBTQ people. Those concerns remain, but House Republicans are nonetheless putting their foot on the gas. The House State Affairs Committee held a hearing Wednesday on the package of preemption bills that would cumulatively ban local governments from requiring employers to provide any sort of employment benefits beyond what the state affords, including paid sick days, advanced notice of scheduling and mandatory water breaks. It would also prohibit “fair chance hiring” ordinances that protect job applicants with criminal records.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Ohio Trumpster Who Refused To Wear Mask and mocked COVID-19 as hype dies!
- How far have we fallen? This country feels pity for us.
- Trump tells reporters he is a radical lefty. REALLY!
- Pundit reminds Biden on who he must engage to win
- Woman Power; Much more than the better half
- A Presidency At Death’s Door | The Lincoln Project
- Chuck Todd knocks admiral on COVID-19 response; “Results, sir. Look at Europe. & look at us.”
- This is why Right-Wingers should stop asking that U.S. treat COVID-19 irresponsibly like Sweden
- Finally, pundit lays the demise of Americans to COVID-19 on Trump
- Ashley Parker, all that is wrong with the mainstream media’s Trump coverage