Progressives have values on their side yet it seems we can never get the ball over the net. The truth is that we tend to fall in love with our own irrespective while the other side falls in line.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Today we first discuss Mueller’s speech from this morning. The Press is making much too much of it.
Secondly, we talk about why Progressives have problems getting traction at high enough levels to get progressive policies. One of the reasons is that we fall in love. We will explain that in detail.
- I do not believe Mueller’s speech changed the landscape at all.
- The President got so ahead Russia/Obstruction story that it is now mush to many.
BuzzFeed: More Democrats Are Calling For Impeachment After Robert Mueller Said He Could Not Clear Trump: WASHINGTON – Special counsel Robert Mueller’s public remarks on Wednesday kicked off a new surge of Democrats calling for impeachment proceedings to begin against President Trump.
Progressives in the House and contenders for the party’s 2020 presidential bid are the two loudest voices calling for impeachment, as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi continues to call for caution.
Mueller poured more fuel on that fire Wednesday when he reiterated what he had written in his report: that his office could not charge Trump with a crime because that is a role for Congress, not the Department of Justice.
“Under longstanding department policy, a present president cannot be charged with a federal crime while he is in office. That is unconstitutional,” he said. “The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.”
Several Democrats took this as an implicit — or explicit – referral to Congress to begin impeachment proceedings.
New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, who is seeking his party’s nomination for president, became the latest Democrat to say Congress has “a legal and moral obligation to begin impeachment proceedings immediately.” Booker had previously called only for further investigation by relevant committees.
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders said he’d leave the decision up to the House Judiciary Committee, but if they were to begin impeachment proceedings, he would “support their decision to do so.”
Other Democrats running for president in 2020 had previously called for impeachment proceedings to begin took Mueller’s public statement as yet another call to action.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Thomas Friedman’s recipe for Democrats would be fatal. He does not get it.
- Crooked pastor sentenced to 6yrs in prison. What about the other megachurch crooks?
- Stephanie Ruhle: Her story just made me think about privilege. Sad reality/truth.
- Some companies have funded sedition. So explains CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin on donation stoppage.
- Irresponsible Republican Politicians refuse masks when in lockdown, likely infecting colleagues.
- Katy Tur corners John Bolton: The lies & insurrection are not just Trump but Ted Cruz & others.
- Senator Tester makes it clear he could support Ted Cruz & Josh Hawley’s expulsion from Senate.
- 60 Minutes Republican-appeasing Leslie Stahl creates false equivalence in Nancy Pelosi interview
- Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, & the Sedition Cau; Bomb-throwers from the start.
- Message to Democrats: Help people fast. Advice to Joe Manchin (D-WV), stand down.
- Joe Manchin will do well to support the $2000 stimulus/relief as written lest his daughter’s EpiPen pilfer elevated
- A candid conversation with a white friend who discusses her racial prejudice
- Tiffany Cross nails it: Their American dream was our nightmare. This is as American as apple pie.
- Plouffe on Georgia: Epic political malpractice by Trump & confederacy of dunces cost senate loss.
- Man Photographed At Desk In Nancy Pelosi’s Office Is Arrested : Insurrection At The Capitol: Live Updates : NPR
- Interview with delusional insurrectionist shows damage Republican lies inflicted on many Americans.
- Wall Street Journal editorial board urges Trump to resign to avoid second impeachment. – The New York Times
- Joe Biden excoriates Donald Trump about the Capitol insurrection in speech: We could see it coming.
- Katy Tur itemized why the Republican Party is ultimately responsible for Capitol insurrection.
- Mitt Romney calls out Republican Senators for lying to constituents, tell them the truth.