Progressives have values on their side yet it seems we can never get the ball over the net. The truth is that we tend to fall in love with our own irrespective while the other side falls in line.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Today we first discuss Mueller’s speech from this morning. The Press is making much too much of it.
Secondly, we talk about why Progressives have problems getting traction at high enough levels to get progressive policies. One of the reasons is that we fall in love. We will explain that in detail.
- I do not believe Mueller’s speech changed the landscape at all.
- The President got so ahead Russia/Obstruction story that it is now mush to many.
BuzzFeed: More Democrats Are Calling For Impeachment After Robert Mueller Said He Could Not Clear Trump: WASHINGTON – Special counsel Robert Mueller’s public remarks on Wednesday kicked off a new surge of Democrats calling for impeachment proceedings to begin against President Trump.
Progressives in the House and contenders for the party’s 2020 presidential bid are the two loudest voices calling for impeachment, as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi continues to call for caution.
Mueller poured more fuel on that fire Wednesday when he reiterated what he had written in his report: that his office could not charge Trump with a crime because that is a role for Congress, not the Department of Justice.
“Under longstanding department policy, a present president cannot be charged with a federal crime while he is in office. That is unconstitutional,” he said. “The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.”
Several Democrats took this as an implicit — or explicit – referral to Congress to begin impeachment proceedings.
New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, who is seeking his party’s nomination for president, became the latest Democrat to say Congress has “a legal and moral obligation to begin impeachment proceedings immediately.” Booker had previously called only for further investigation by relevant committees.
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders said he’d leave the decision up to the House Judiciary Committee, but if they were to begin impeachment proceedings, he would “support their decision to do so.”
Other Democrats running for president in 2020 had previously called for impeachment proceedings to begin took Mueller’s public statement as yet another call to action.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Will the internet army save Putin’s Pet troll?
- Bernie Sanders Can’t Win (by as Much) Unless Youth Vote Surges (Like It Recently Has)
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.