We are at a point in America where Medicare for All is no longer an option. It is existential for most Americans. A populist movement is necessary to stop this state-sanctioned corporate genocide.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Move To Amend National Director Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap appeared on #PoliticsDoneRight to discuss her healthcare scare, her health insurance situation. Her story is one that could be repeated millions of times throughout the country. Until we get Medicare for All, these problems will persist.
Later the discussion would move on to populism. She pointed out that we need a Democratic candidate who is a populist.
TeleSur: ‘Hands off Ilhan’: Black Women in Solidarity With Ilhan Omar. Dozens of women from the Movement for Black Lives, a coalition of African-American advocates, gathered Tuesday in support of Congresswoman Ilhan Omar who has been a target of hate-speech and trolling by right-wing politicians and their supporters.The women gathered in front of Washington’s Capitol building chanting, “We love you” to Omar in the event named “Black Women in Defense of Ilhan Omar.” Omar has been attacked often since she strongly came out against the Israeli lobby influence on U.S. politics, being called an anti-Semite, among other slurs. Shortly after that United States President Donald Trump posted a video on his Twitter linking 9/11 with the Congresswoman. She has received numerous death threats from right-wing Trump supporters. “The thing that upsets the occupant of the White House, his goons in the Republican Party (and) many of our colleagues in the Democratic Party,” Omar told the crowd, “is that they can’t stand that a refugee, a black woman, an immigrant, a Muslim, shows up in Congress thinking she’s equal to them.” Miski Noor told Middle East Eye that Omar is facing such criticisms because of her identity. She is a Muslim woman and was a Somalian refugee when she arrived in the U.S.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- CBS’ The Activist pitting activists against each other begging for funds show this system’s cancer.
- Republicans are begging us to kill the filibuster. This is why we better listen.
- Jen Psaki skewers Peter Doocy over question: You think pregnant women are posing a big threat?
- 24-yr-old regrets following anti-vax nuts & advise all to get vaccinated. He is now dead!
- A graphic example of the unvaccinated causing the deaths of others indiscriminately.
- Here’s what you should know about the treatment of Haitian refugees on the border. Shocking!
- Journalist exposes lies & throws shade on MAGA protest: I did not hear anything rooted in reality.
- Indigenous activist: MAGA ralliers are just crash test dummies. Their politicians are the danger.
- Democrats, strategists: Listen to this organizer about leaning into our causes & values
- TX Rep. Jasmine Crockett identifies the most dangerous. It’s not the insurrectionists she fears.
- Jake Tapper completely destroys Mississippi Gov: With all due respect Governor, your way’s failing.
- Tiffany Cross schools ‘persecuted’ MAGA Treason Rally. We survived this act before & will again!
- Way to go, Biden. Many called him a neoliberal, but more progressive stuff seems to be coming out
- My thoughts on the 10-year anniversary of the Occupy Movement (Occupy Wall Street)
- Psaki lit into Fox News-like reporter. Florida won’t get larger share of antibodies. Get vaccinated
- Jen Psaki calls out Republican politicians attacking General Milley as insurrectionists.
- Hawaii Lt. Governor admonishes Red State Governors: You are killing your constituents.
- Rep. Connolly slammed ‘You Lie’ South Carolina Congressman then schooled Republicans on Afghanistan.
- This sentiment by Michael Moore on Joe Biden is one I hope more Progressives share
- Bernie Sanders to Joe Manchin on infrastructure: Two bills go together. We’re going to pass them both.