Several months back many of us urged Democrats to get off the Russia and impeachment train. Why? We knew the report if done well would convict the president devoid of politics. It has. Impeach now.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
It is time for all Democrats to engage now. The President has committed high crimes and misdemeanors as articulated in the Mueller Report. It is time for Democrats to map the report to Articles of Impeachment, impeach the president, and send it off to the corrupt Republican Senate. Let it be them who failed their constitutional duty.
Immediately after impeaching the president, change the narrative to policies for the poor and middle-class irrespective of the media obsession. Democratic candidates must just tacitly refer to the impeachment in terms of a president under a cloud and then move on to Medicare for All and other poor and middle-class centric policies.
- The opposition research on Biden comprises volumes. Republicans are doing exactly what they did in 2000. They scared Gore away from campaigning on Clinton’s perceived success and he bought it. Now they are faking being scared of Biden. When they are done with Biden from his racial statements to plagiarism, to groping women, they will use those to neutralize Trump’s racism, lies, and sexism/misogyny respectively. And that is all people will need for an excuse to vote Trump back in with an economy that has a semblance of being good.
NYTimes: Trump Says U.S. Will Hit Mexico With 5% Tariffs on All Goods: WASHINGTON — President Trump said Thursday that he would impose a 5 percent tariff on all imported goods from Mexico beginning June 10, a tax that would “gradually increase” until the flow of undocumented immigrants across the border stopped.
The announcement, which Mr. Trump made on his Twitter feed, said the tariffs would be in place “until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP.”
In a presidential statement that followed, he said that tariffs would be raised to 10 percent on July 1 “if the crisis persists,” and then by an additional 5 percent each month for three months. They would remain at 25 percent until Mexico acted, he said.
An across-the-board tariff on all Mexican goods would exact a serious toll on American consumers and corporations, and is likely to generate significant opposition among businesses. Rufus Yerxa, the president of the National Foreign Trade Council, which represents the nation’s largest exporters, called the move “a colossal blunder.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- The Joe Biden forthcoming implosion will guarantee a Progressive Democratic nominee
- Amy Klobuchar joins Chris Mathews to slam Progressives with GOP talking points
- Many on the Right are yearning for a dialogue, the real silent majority.
- I think this Conservative caller to my radio show is a canary in the coal mine.
- Buttigieg TEA Party meeting is positive. It’s his centrism that’s fatal to middle-class
- Which Would You Prefer―Nuclear War or Climate Catastrophe?
- The inhumane side of our immigration policy seldom spoken about.
- If another president did (even one of) these things
- National Organization for Women fireside chat with activists in Houston prior to immigration rally.
- Chuck Todd implies Obama’s statement means Democrats want more small ‘C’ conservative.