Americans are good people with a representation that too many times forget it is the will of the people that matters as long as they do not violate personal or environmental rights. Represent and then watch a country flourish.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Why is America is such a poor state? Do Americans even know how bad is it or is everyone so personalizing their condition that they are incapable of believing that they are not alone?
For some time we have been pointing out that thing most Americans want, line up with our Progressive values. Too many of our political representatives continue to seek a mythical middle they claim is the residence of most Americans. That is false. You see, for many politicians, it is trendy to create a reality many times for purposes where the interests of most of us are immaterial.
After the blog of the week, we will go over a Harris County Texas story where we will find out if we will have politicians, our County Commissioners Court listen to the constituency. We will give this case national exposure in either case for several reasons. The first is to illustrate how a few people can lead, successful movements. Most importantly we will examine the political process and how to empower through continual engagement always with the eye of electing those who promise to execute the will of the people.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- On Tamara for Georgia: Forget the Mueller Report & understand the people’s yawn.
- Media outlets Trump denounces promotes his anti-immigrant narratives
- Is the American Psychological Association Addicted to Militarism and War?
- Do all the Democratic contenders for President in 2020 agree on the need to battle climate change?
- He loves Pete Buttigieg for President but can’t get over dance with his husband at the inauguration
- What Liberals need to understand about Progressives
- Here is why we must forget impeachment and move on even as Mueller Report is terrible news for Trump.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders’ Fox News town hall: a template for a Democrat in the foxhole
- Mueller Report in Searchable Form (OCR’ed)
- This Republican realizes Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is very smart & now petrified.