I interviewed John Garcia, an activist from Venezuela and past friend of Juan Guaido, the illegitimate recognized president by many Western countries. He has a different truth for Progressives.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
John Garcia listens to Politics Done Right on KPFT 90.1 FM Houston. Every time I do a show on Venezuela, I am sure to hear from him to tell me I am not getting it right.
We finally met at Starbucks and began talking. Since he did not seem like a Right Wing Venezuelan flame thrower, I invited him immediately to our studio to do an interview.
John Garcia says he is a Venezuelan activist who wants to get rid of Nicolas Maduro. In fact, he said he was on the first wave attempting to overthrow Chavez. He said he did not grow up as part of the ruling class but pulled himself up and built his own businesses that Chavez caused to fail.
I gave John the latitude to tell the story as he sees it. He opened my eyes to a few things I was unaware of and need to research. What he is unable to convince me of is that somehow any style of the form of capitalism they practice does not hurt the masses.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Again! A police officer kills a black person in their own home.
- Team Trump and ‘consciousness of guilt’: So obvious a blind person can see it.
- My heart’s with Bernie but Warren knows to use a dagger with a smile.
- What is so-called “Flying Shame” and what’s the climate connection?
- On the Trump dog whistle and his manifesto destiny – complicit to the core.
- The stories keep coming. It is about life or death! And it is real.
- Impeachment coverage must not stifle Medicare for All & other Progressive issues.
- Fox News Poll: Most Americans now want Donald Trump impeached & removed.
- Why as Danny lost his arm & Bernie’s heart paused, they preached Medicare for All.
- The Donald Trump War On American Children