I interviewed John Garcia, an activist from Venezuela and past friend of Juan Guaido, the illegitimate recognized president by many Western countries. He has a different truth for Progressives.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
John Garcia listens to Politics Done Right on KPFT 90.1 FM Houston. Every time I do a show on Venezuela, I am sure to hear from him to tell me I am not getting it right.
We finally met at Starbucks and began talking. Since he did not seem like a Right Wing Venezuelan flame thrower, I invited him immediately to our studio to do an interview.
John Garcia says he is a Venezuelan activist who wants to get rid of Nicolas Maduro. In fact, he said he was on the first wave attempting to overthrow Chavez. He said he did not grow up as part of the ruling class but pulled himself up and built his own businesses that Chavez caused to fail.
I gave John the latitude to tell the story as he sees it. He opened my eyes to a few things I was unaware of and need to research. What he is unable to convince me of is that somehow any style of the form of capitalism they practice does not hurt the masses.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.
- Naomi Klein on why Progressive should support Bernie
- California: Screwing Bernie Sanders Again?