I interviewed John Garcia, an activist from Venezuela and past friend of Juan Guaido, the illegitimate recognized president by many Western countries. He has a different truth for Progressives.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
John Garcia listens to Politics Done Right on KPFT 90.1 FM Houston. Every time I do a show on Venezuela, I am sure to hear from him to tell me I am not getting it right.
We finally met at Starbucks and began talking. Since he did not seem like a Right Wing Venezuelan flame thrower, I invited him immediately to our studio to do an interview.
John Garcia says he is a Venezuelan activist who wants to get rid of Nicolas Maduro. In fact, he said he was on the first wave attempting to overthrow Chavez. He said he did not grow up as part of the ruling class but pulled himself up and built his own businesses that Chavez caused to fail.
I gave John the latitude to tell the story as he sees it. He opened my eyes to a few things I was unaware of and need to research. What he is unable to convince me of is that somehow any style of the form of capitalism they practice does not hurt the masses.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- The people create Democracy, if they can against China we can in the U.S.
- NY Times Staff Editor Weiss: Trump will continue to win unless …
- European elections suggest US shouldn’t be complacent in 2020
- Study Linking US Sanctions to Venezuelan Deaths Buried by Reuters for Over a Month
- Here is why farmers and others should share my politics for their survival
- Beyond Meat’s new improved burger hits grocery store shelves – Vox
- Japan Facing Nightmare Scenario of Longer Lives, Low Unemployment, Less Crowding
- The President is Disrupting the U.S. Economy
- Media’s complicity with Trump continues: Acts of resistance are ignored
- The seven biggest failures of Trumponomics and we all pay the price