I interviewed John Garcia, an activist from Venezuela and past friend of Juan Guaido, the illegitimate recognized president by many Western countries. He has a different truth for Progressives.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
John Garcia listens to Politics Done Right on KPFT 90.1 FM Houston. Every time I do a show on Venezuela, I am sure to hear from him to tell me I am not getting it right.
We finally met at Starbucks and began talking. Since he did not seem like a Right Wing Venezuelan flame thrower, I invited him immediately to our studio to do an interview.
John Garcia says he is a Venezuelan activist who wants to get rid of Nicolas Maduro. In fact, he said he was on the first wave attempting to overthrow Chavez. He said he did not grow up as part of the ruling class but pulled himself up and built his own businesses that Chavez caused to fail.
I gave John the latitude to tell the story as he sees it. He opened my eyes to a few things I was unaware of and need to research. What he is unable to convince me of is that somehow any style of the form of capitalism they practice does not hurt the masses.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- And the Conservative Republican I fronted now started a conversation with this Progressive
- On Tamara for Georgia: Forget the Mueller Report & understand the people’s yawn.
- Media outlets Trump denounces promotes his anti-immigrant narratives
- Is the American Psychological Association Addicted to Militarism and War?
- Do all the Democratic contenders for President in 2020 agree on the need to battle climate change?
- He loves Pete Buttigieg for President but can’t get over dance with his husband at the inauguration
- What Liberals need to understand about Progressives
- Here is why we must forget impeachment and move on even as Mueller Report is terrible news for Trump.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders’ Fox News town hall: a template for a Democrat in the foxhole
- Mueller Report in Searchable Form (OCR’ed)