Economist Dr. Richard Wolff, of “Capitalism hits the fan” fame and the author of several books on our economy and the need for its complete restructuring spend the hour with us.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Today we have the honor of having Economist Dr. Richard Wolff with us. He is Professor of Economics Emeritus, University of Massachusetts, Amherst where he taught economics from 1973 to 2008. He is currently a Visiting Professor in the Graduate Program in International Affairs of the New School University, New York City. Earlier he taught economics at Yale University (1967-1969) and at the City College of the City University of New York (1969-1973). In 1994, he was a Visiting Professor of Economics at the University of Paris (France), I (Sorbonne). He was also a regular lecturer at the Brecht Forum in New York City.
Dr, Wolff received his BA in History from Harvard College (1963), MA in Economics from Stanford University (1964), MA in History from Yale University (1967), and a Ph.D. in Economics from Yale University (1969). Dr.Wolff’s weekly show, Economic Update with Richard D. Wolff, is syndicated on over 70 radio stations nationwide and available for broadcast on Free Speech TV. We broadcast it weekly at KPFT 90.1 FM.
We will discuss his new book “Understanding Marxism” from a fascinating point of view. It is a show you must not miss. Please share it widely.
Later we will cover several topics that affect the economies of every individual. Too many believe that our economic system is divine or should be rigid in ideology. That is a fool’s errand and has caused financial distress for not only the American masses but the world at large. Dr. Wolff has been preaching, admonishing, and many other descriptive words in between to have us self-advocate for an economy that serves us all.
Dr. Richard Wolff is the author of several books and articles. Visit his website at http://www.rdwolff.com.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.
- Naomi Klein on why Progressive should support Bernie
- California: Screwing Bernie Sanders Again?