In an ideal world, we would impeach Trump sooner than later. But in these times we must be strategic and take all independent variables into account. It’s all about winning 2020.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I want Trump gone. I want to impeach the man. But that is the emotional part of me speaking. Many moralize on the necessary constitutional act Congress is responsible for — I will not argue that in theory, because they are right. But the Constitution has never been a document we followed blindly. We have always given it a semblance of our base laws but we know empirically that it is manipulated for the powerful.
We must treat the value of Trump’s impeachment with that in mind. we must be strategic and emotionless and that is what we will discuss today.
RawStory: ‘Think of me as the Grim Reaper’: McConnell vows to block Democratic proposals after 2020 elections. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has vowed to block Democratic proposals like the “Green New Deal” and “Medicare for All” after the 2020 elections. McConnell told constituents in Owensboro, Kentucky, that none of the proposals would come to pass if he is still in power in 2021. “We are having a legitimate debate about the virtues of socialism, and I don’t want you to think it’s just a 28-year-old congresswoman from New York. This is much broader than that. I’ve got five colleagues in the Senate – five colleagues running for president – who have signed on to the Green New Deal and Medicare For All,” McConnell said. “I don’t want you to think this is just a couple of nutcases running around on the fringe. This is pervasive policy view on the other side.” “Are we going to turn this into a socialist country? Don’t assume it cannot happen,” he added. “Are we going to turn this into a socialist country? Don’t assume it cannot happen,” he added. “If I’m still the majority leader of the Senate, think of me as the ‘Grim Reaper.’ None of that stuff is going to pass – none of it.” McConnell’s vow to block hypothetical Democratic legislation two years from now is an ironic turn for a Republican who just weeks earlier complained of unfair obstruction by Democrats.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Watch how Trump press conference serving to prop up an exploitative corporate sector
- Who’ll play the Dan Patrick Hunger Games?
- Good can come from Coronavirus if we allow it by fully engaging
- This real-world consequence of Trump lies may be fatal
- Government is not the problem The financial sector is.
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi calls out Fed Chairman Jerome Powell on ‘market fundamentally sound’
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shows no concern for the working class
- American COVID-19 Capitalism: Trash bags for doctors & medical personnel protective clothing.
- The Case for Medicare for All: Why *Single-Payer* is absolutely necessary
- 3 Million Americans filed for unemployment last week