There is no need for Pete Buttigieg to put Bernie Sanders in the same domain as Donald Trump. It is a false equivalence that he should be ashamed of making.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
People who have been affected by purposeful mischaracterization and hate should be more cognizant of its effects than anyone else. As a black man I make the extra effort not to fall into the trap of using the same irresponsible techniques in getting our narrative across that produces undue hurt or that in itself can be a card to redirect said hate and misinformation. It will do Pete Buttigieg well and all Democrats accosting Bernie Sanders as they mischaracterize what he represents to stop now lest they will reap the negative rewards of the evil seeds they sowed.
CommonDreams: ‘When Workers Fight, Workers Win’: Union Declares Victory as Stop & Shop Strike Ends With Deal to Raise Wages. The union representing tens of thousands of striking Stop & Shop workers declared victory Sunday after it reached a tentative agreement with management to increase wages and preserve employee benefits that were under threat. “Today is a powerful victory for the 31,000 hardworking men and women of Stop & Shop who courageously stood up to fight for what all New Englanders want—good jobs, affordable healthcare, a better wage, and to be treated right by the company they made a success,” the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) said in a statement. The deal brings to an end the largest private-sector strike in years, which lasted 11 days and spanned three New England states. The walk-out began as a protest against Stop & Shop’s effort to slash benefits and increase employees’ healthcare costs. Union members—who are expected to return to work Monday—will soon vote on whether to approve the three-year agreement, which reportedly raises wages, preserves retirement and healthcare benefits, and upholds time-and-a-half pay on Sundays.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Watch how Trump press conference serving to prop up an exploitative corporate sector
- Who’ll play the Dan Patrick Hunger Games?
- Good can come from Coronavirus if we allow it by fully engaging
- This real-world consequence of Trump lies may be fatal
- Government is not the problem The financial sector is.
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi calls out Fed Chairman Jerome Powell on ‘market fundamentally sound’
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shows no concern for the working class
- American COVID-19 Capitalism: Trash bags for doctors & medical personnel protective clothing.
- The Case for Medicare for All: Why *Single-Payer* is absolutely necessary
- 3 Million Americans filed for unemployment last week