I have seen this Venezuela playbook before. The only difference is that this time it was designed to cripple Democrats if they allow it to succeed. It is deceptive and murderous.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Every other Wednesday, Tamara Shealey from Tamara for Georgia is with us to discuss not only issues in Georgia but how that now purple state is a reflection of what is happening in America. Today she visits with us from the Citizen Science Conference in Raleigh North Carolina along with Vincent Martin an Environmental Justice Advocate.
The second part of the show covers Venezuela. It is imperative that we look at this situation with wide open eyes. We must not be hoodwinked into another war or pseudo-war on pretenses to prop up a false Democratic Socialism narrative, to deflect from the doings of a president who has given away the store to the plutocrats, and to continue robbing the resources of a mineral-rich country. We discuss in more detail.
Salon: Elizabeth Warren’s war on Big Tech puts her ahead as the candidate to take on corporate power: Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s strategy for winning the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination is a risky one. She’s been rolling out a series of big policy proposals, hoping that bold progressive ideas can capture voters’ imaginations, but she’s struggling to be heard in a news cycle dominated by Donald Trump’s reality show antics and gotcha political point-scoring.
Warren’s latest offering — a plan to use antitrust laws and principles to break up Big Tech — is provocative enough to garner a reaction. That reaction, by fitting into the gossip-and-drama model that drives views and readership, is helping draw attention to Warren’s actual policy ideas.
The first incident came from Facebook refusing to run ads the Warren campaign had purchased that highlighted her antitrust agenda. The ads explicitly called out Facebook, naming Mark Zuckerberg’s company, along with Amazon and Google, as one with “vast power over our economy and our democracy.” When the ads were blacklisted, Warren tweeted that Facebook “has too much power” and the “ability to shut down
” over the limits to that power. a debate
Facebook restored the ads, portraying the censorship (hilariously) not as an attempt to stifle criticism of their company, but an accident flowing from their ban on using the Facebook logo in advertising. Whatever the reasons, the move ended up drawing more attention to Warren’s proposal — and more discussion about the threat these monopolistic tech companies pose.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Charlamagne tha God: Trump’s more sincere about his lies than Biden about his truths.
- Fmr. GOP Rep Charlie Dent: Useful idiot is too gentle a word for Donald Trump on Russia.
- Chuck Todd: Biden must re-educate the public. Why Trump’s presidency was unimpressive and a failure.
- Morning Joe destroys Trump: He diverts out of fear his mental acuity will become the subject.
- Hon. Arthur F. Engoron Decision on Donald Trump. He is fined over $360 Million.
- Are people typically taking into account climate risks when they shop for a new home?
- What are the climate benefits of switching over to a four-day workweek?
- Can you explain the concepts of additionality, permanence and leakage with regard to carbon offsets?
- Has the cruise industry cleaned up its act regarding its environmental footprint in recent years?
- CNN’s Jake Tapper, one of few journalists, clarified it’s Trump with the mental & character flaws.
- Dr. Cornel West’s speech at a Muslim Community fundraising event in Sugar Land, TX.
- Bernie Sanders exposes Big Pharma Execs for the parasitic thugs they are as they extort Americans.
- BILLIONAIRES DID NOT EARN IT! Dispelled that fallacy to a caller who believed that they earned it.
- Explained why the private sector in healthcare and jails keeps us sick and incarcerated to a caller.
- *REALITY CHECK* By all measures, Biden’s economy blows away Trump’s economy by all measures.
- What is “Philanthro-activism” and who leads this movement?
- What is so-called New Denialism all about?
- Greg Abbott and Republicans are running an immigration scam we are all paying for.
- MUST WATCH: Nikki Haley completely destroyed Trump in her interview on The Breakfast Club.
- UAW President Shawn Fain slams Trump as he nails the winning working-class message to perfection