I have seen this Venezuela playbook before. The only difference is that this time it was designed to cripple Democrats if they allow it to succeed. It is deceptive and murderous.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Every other Wednesday, Tamara Shealey from Tamara for Georgia is with us to discuss not only issues in Georgia but how that now purple state is a reflection of what is happening in America. Today she visits with us from the Citizen Science Conference in Raleigh North Carolina along with Vincent Martin an Environmental Justice Advocate.
The second part of the show covers Venezuela. It is imperative that we look at this situation with wide open eyes. We must not be hoodwinked into another war or pseudo-war on pretenses to prop up a false Democratic Socialism narrative, to deflect from the doings of a president who has given away the store to the plutocrats, and to continue robbing the resources of a mineral-rich country. We discuss in more detail.
Salon: Elizabeth Warren’s war on Big Tech puts her ahead as the candidate to take on corporate power: Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s strategy for winning the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination is a risky one. She’s been rolling out a series of big policy proposals, hoping that bold progressive ideas can capture voters’ imaginations, but she’s struggling to be heard in a news cycle dominated by Donald Trump’s reality show antics and gotcha political point-scoring.
Warren’s latest offering — a plan to use antitrust laws and principles to break up Big Tech — is provocative enough to garner a reaction. That reaction, by fitting into the gossip-and-drama model that drives views and readership, is helping draw attention to Warren’s actual policy ideas.
The first incident came from Facebook refusing to run ads the Warren campaign had purchased that highlighted her antitrust agenda. The ads explicitly called out Facebook, naming Mark Zuckerberg’s company, along with Amazon and Google, as one with “vast power over our economy and our democracy.” When the ads were blacklisted, Warren tweeted that Facebook “has too much power” and the “ability to shut down
” over the limits to that power. a debate
Facebook restored the ads, portraying the censorship (hilariously) not as an attempt to stifle criticism of their company, but an accident flowing from their ban on using the Facebook logo in advertising. Whatever the reasons, the move ended up drawing more attention to Warren’s proposal — and more discussion about the threat these monopolistic tech companies pose.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Texas administrator heard forcing teachers to teach alternative history to students.
- Fareed Zakaria: Why Build Back Better and not tariffs is better for the American worker.
- The other BIG LIE: General uses GPS Fareed Zakaria to scare Americans to increase defense spending.
- Semi-DINO Manchin complains about Schumer justifiably slamming GOP debt ceiling hostage-taking.
- Watch Joe Biden disregard the unhinged unemployment report mainstream media GOP negative narrative
- The message about Van Jones, Carlos Watson, & Sage Steele only Tiffany Cross had the ovaries to say
- Bernie Sanders goes ballistic on Joe Manchin: Stop holding Prez, 48 Senators, & Americans hostage.
- MSNBC Host slams Republican Senator: I hear you acknowledge the hypocrisy of your party (The Republican Party).
- Al Franken on Republicans: We have to be as ruthless. We have to be stone-cold killers.
- This MNSBC Host, Tiffany Cross dissed Stephanie Grisham’s Trump tell-all book. Failing up.
- Mainstream media ex-reporter acknowledged being used by Right-Wing: GOP is a criminal enterprise.
- It’s not the Democrats. It’s the media that is screwing up the Build Back Better message.
- Deluded Editorial: Democrats will thank Joe Manchin for protecting them from Progressive excess. NOT!
- Senator from the poorest state insults his own constituents. Joe Manchin: ‘Entitlement mentality’
- General Milley completely embarrassed grandstanding GOP Congressman on the China call. IE: BRING IT ON!
- Katie Porter points out these are Biden’s Bills. Progressive, be clear: TWO BILLS or NO BILLS.
- A Democrat adopts a dangerous Republican talking point. To whom is your loyalty? People or Autocrats.
- My daughter’s 2nd stroke slammed me. I write on our developing reality for awareness and my sanity.
- This MSNBC Host, Tiffany Cross health-scare story is a testament to the need for Medicare for All.
- Anti-vaxxers & Anti-maskers at board meetings. Yes! They are this crazy!