President Obama met with the freshman class in Congress recently. While supportive he effectively implied applying the brakes on Progressives with the how-you-gonna-pay-for-it card. Tamara Shealey starts with the state of our current politics.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The misinformation to temper support for Progressive policies like single-payer Medicare for all is in full vogue. As I have reported before,
The threats are not only from within but from without. America’s Health Care Future, a Medical Industrial Complex’s ad hoc alliance of private health care interest is going to be intentional in its attempt to destroy any possibility of Medicare For All.
But that is not the only issue. Too many Democrats are acquiescing to fear. They are minimizing the possible. The problem is that they are forcing Americans to support less than they’ve earned, less than they deserve. This was clear when Obama visited the freshman class Congresspeople. So my question is this. And I mean it with no disrespect. But is it time to discharge Obama? Is it time for a new kind of politics and economics? Answering yes to those takes away nothing from his accomplishments and past aspirations. We will discuss this in the second segment.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Who’ll play the Dan Patrick Hunger Games?
- Good can come from Coronavirus if we allow it by fully engaging
- This real-world consequence of Trump lies may be fatal
- Government is not the problem The financial sector is.
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi calls out Fed Chairman Jerome Powell on ‘market fundamentally sound’
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shows no concern for the working class
- American COVID-19 Capitalism: Trash bags for doctors & medical personnel protective clothing.
- The Case for Medicare for All: Why *Single-Payer* is absolutely necessary
- 3 Million Americans filed for unemployment last week
- Dinesh D’Souza taunts Blue States on COVID-19 infections & wanting handouts.