President Obama met with the freshman class in Congress recently. While supportive he effectively implied applying the brakes on Progressives with the how-you-gonna-pay-for-it card. Tamara Shealey starts with the state of our current politics.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The misinformation to temper support for Progressive policies like single-payer Medicare for all is in full vogue. As I have reported before,
The threats are not only from within but from without. America’s Health Care Future, a Medical Industrial Complex’s ad hoc alliance of private health care interest is going to be intentional in its attempt to destroy any possibility of Medicare For All.
But that is not the only issue. Too many Democrats are acquiescing to fear. They are minimizing the possible. The problem is that they are forcing Americans to support less than they’ve earned, less than they deserve. This was clear when Obama visited the freshman class Congresspeople. So my question is this. And I mean it with no disrespect. But is it time to discharge Obama? Is it time for a new kind of politics and economics? Answering yes to those takes away nothing from his accomplishments and past aspirations. We will discuss this in the second segment.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.
- Naomi Klein on why Progressive should support Bernie
- California: Screwing Bernie Sanders Again?
- Nina Turner dispels & explains the Bernie Bro trope.