Call: (646) 716-5812 – Facebook Live: PDRLive Live stream: BlogTalkRadio Radio Show Date: March 11th, 2019
Stephanie Thompson is a millennial who went without insurance for two years. She got a job that offers health insurance just in time, a rationale for Medicare for All.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now (http://patreon.com/politicsdoneright).
I interviewed Stephanie Thompson about her healthcare ordeal. She is unlike millions of millennials throughout the country. She works hard but lacks something we use to have, job security that included healthcare. In this winner-take-all economy, people are just widgets to be used by the wealthy few and the wards of the plutocracy to enrich the few.
Please listen to the entire interview. Stephanie continued with the interview even as she had less than pleasant news after her first checkup in years. The young and the old should listen to what this young woman is saying.
Mediaite: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Defends Identity Politics, Gives Powerful Advice to Young Women of Color:
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) defended identity politics at this weekend’s South by Southwest (SXSW) Conference & Festival, and delivered powerful advice to a Girl Scout in the audience who asked about getting into politics: “Start building your own power.” AOC was interviewed Saturday at the festival by The Intercept Senior Politics Editor Briahna Gray, who asked about critiques of so-called “identity politics” from both the left and the right. “How do you negotiate the balance between a genuine desire for representation and a desire also to have substantive politics that don’t always mod map onto politicians who possess marginalized identities?” Gray asked. Ocasio-Cortez said that it took effort to get people in her community to vote because “they’ve been burned by politicians that look like them,” and that “there’s all this cynicism that resulted from electing people that ethnically matched the community, but once they got into power advanced the same agenda that was marginalizing the community
tobegin with.”HuffPost: “Ilhan Omar Rips Obama’s ‘Really Bad Policies’ On Immigration, Drones” Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) warned that while Democrats have directed their ire at President Donald Trump and his policies, his predecessor Barack Obama should not avoid scrutiny. In a Politico magazine profile published Friday, Omar criticized the way Obama traded his campaign promise of “hope and change” for “bad” policies upon taking office, a common criticism of the former president from progressives. “We can’t be only upset with Trump. … His policies are bad, but many of the people who came before him also had really bad policies. They just were more polished than he was,” Omar said, citing Obama’s “droning of countries around the world.” “That’s not what we should be looking for anymore,” she continued. “We don’t want anybody to get away with murder because they are polished. We want to recognize the actual policies that are behind the pretty face and the smile.” Despite a high number of civilian casualties and criticism that his drone program lacked transparency, Obama had repeatedly defended the strikes.
Blog of the Week
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- COWARDS! Jamaal Bowman explodes on Republicans for their death causing negligence by weapons of war.
- Newly Elected Harris County Democratic Chairman Mike Doyle speaks. Save the Texas Observer!
- Stuart Stevens: Republican Party is officially a white grievance party now
- Israel, France, Brazil, & USA, the path to fascism. It’s all about economics and fear.
- CNN’s Jake Tapper watches bewildered as he exposes Republican for being a bumbling Trump sycophant.
- Economist Dean Baker puts the blame on Silicon Valley Bank squarely on Donald Trump.
- Robert Reich: We socialize rich’s losses & impose cruelest form of capitalism on the rest of us.
- The TikTok Grand Distraction: A ban is silly, irresponsible, and anti-democratic.
- The TikTok grand distraction. Fed’s playing with fire. Medicare Advantage scare-tactics.
- GREAT MOVE: Watch Biden smartly use Obamacare in his speech to expand the base in rural areas.
- Joy-Ann Reid calls out Silicon Valley Bank Libertarians for being fans of Socialism now.
- Big Pharma charges $189,000 for a 100% taxpayer-funded drug. No to Fed Rate hike. We need a cut.
- Many banks are unsustainable frauds. Here is how we fix it once and for all.
- Priorities USA chair Guy Cecil on Democrats: We create caricatures out of our voters.
- Michael Steele’s commentary on MAGA, Trump, and Carlson has better be understood.
- Banks prove our system is an unsustainable fraud. Homelessness is a product of our economic system.
- Rep. Jamie Raskin gave a slamming answer to Tucker Carlson’s fraudulent Jan 6 video.
- Ed Markey grills Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw, who refused to say he’ll make East Palestine whole.
- Media Matters’ CEO & Jason Johnson gets it! Fox News is masquerading as news & GOP’s terror front.
- Mujer de Kingwood e hijos: víctimas del odio LGBTQ de bandidos vecindarios y la apatía policial