Activist Eleanor Goldfield did not mince her words as she pointed out the systemic failure of the current political system suggesting that a third party is in order. Houston Metro, petro-capital is burning because …
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
It would have been hard to escape the massive black plume emanating from several tanks owned by Intercontinental Terminal Company (ITC) in Deer Park Texas, a city in Metropolitan Houston. The area is already not a panacea of healthy air, water, or soil as the petroleum and chemical industries in the area have always been more concerned with profit over humanity. We will talk to Annie Barras & Marisel Orozco, residents in the area, about their experience. We will talk to a community organizer.
In our second segment, we will have a very informative interview with political activist, writer, poet, & singer Eleanor Goldfield. Eleanor gave me a compelling interview that everyone needs to hear, specifically Progressives.
CBSNews: Parkland shooting survivor Sydney Aiello takes her own life: On the day a gunman opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Sydney Aiello escaped with her life
However, the grief of losing 17 of her classmates and teachers, as well as the long-lasting effects of enduring such a traumatic event, weighed heavily on her. And this weekend, at the age of 19, Aiello took her own life.
Sydney’s mother, Cara Aiello, told CBS Miami that her daughter struggled with survivor’s guilt and was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder in the year following the tragedy. And while she reportedly never asked for help, she struggled to attend college classes because she was scared of being in a classroom.
Sydney was also a close friend of Meadow Pollack, one of the students who was shot and killed in the Parkland shooting. Meadow’s father, Andrew, became one of the most visible of the Parkland victims’ parents when he delivered a searing and emotional speech at the White House just a few days after the shooting, arguing for an increase in school safety rather than changes to America’s gun laws.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- OUCH! Former Republican operative slams the GOP: “You have to burn the party to the ground” Why?
- Foul: Western countries penalize South Africa for exposing Omicron which may have started in the West.
- Chuck Todd dropped false equivalence between Dems & Republicans? Aren’t you embarrassed?
- Sen. Heitkamp hands Gov. Christie his a$$ on subsidizing state taxes. Southern states are the takers!
- Norm Ornstein defines the Republican Party: The GOP, It is not a party, it is a cult.
- Chuck Todd ridicules Mississippi Governor on vaccine mandate objection: It’s a pro-life position.
- The two infrastructure bills may be a worse capitulation than the two Obamacare bills.
- Mainstream media reporter tells an inconvenient truth about a 17-yr-old killer & the justice system.
- Big Pharma uses the patent system to rip us off. Example: Insulin costs $6 to make. We pay $300.
- What gun culture looks like- Simple problems solve by shooting & killing in broad daylight
- Panelists inadvertently inferred that our mythical free market is a fraud. Did you hear it?
- Biden slams profiteering oil company corporate thugs using their hostage-taking to push green energy
- Paul Gosar’s brother, Tim Gosar, appeared on Lawrence and completely slammed his character.
- Joy-Ann Reid agrees Quinnipiac Poll is incoherent and gives sound mitigating advice to Democrats
- The real danger of the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict is the consequences to these people.
- Nicolle Wallace slams Christie for his book giving Fox News a pass for lies & conspiracy theories.
- Did you just call the Democrats weenies: Donny Deutsch great advice to Democrats to win 2022
- POLL: AMERICA’s CONFUSED: Love Biden’s policies but would elect Republicans who would repeal them.
- Neoliberal economist Larry Summers supports sacrificing 4% of workers to stave off benign inflation.
- Inflation & Supply Chain problems are failures of private-sector profiteering, not the government