I interviewed Colombian Ambassador Francisco Santos about Venezuela. It proved to be more telling than I expected as many Latin American powers welcomed American tentacles.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
We interviewed Colombian Ambassador Francisco Santos, a very amiable fellow recently. I like the guy. Interestingly we went to the same University. Likewise, as a Latin American myself, we were able to connect on that level.
The ambassador visited Houston, Texas for a conference and I had the opportunity to interview him about Venezuela. We discussed Grupo de Lima (Lima Group), Plan Colombia, the ouster of Nicolas Maduro, and much more.
After the interview, it was clear to me that the United States is all over the Venezuela crisis. Worse is that many Latin American countries are complicit in what is clearly a desire to overthrow the Venezuelan government at all cost.
We will discuss in further detail after the interview. I want to hear your thoughts on this issue.
Salon: Ronald Reagan’s daughter says her dad would be “heartbroken” and “horrified” by Trump’s presidency: P
attiDavis, the one-time actress, author anddaughter of the late Republican President Ronald Reagan, said her father would be “heartbroken” and “horrified” by Donald Trump’s presidency. “I think he would be horrified,” Davis said of current affairs in an interview with Yahoo News that was published Tuesday. “I think he would be heartbroken,because he loved this country a lot. And he believed in this country . . . And he believed in the goodness of people.” Davis, who noted she is not a Republican and never has been, criticized how the modern GOP operates today, telling Yahoo News that it “bears no resemblance to the Republican Party of my father’s time.” She then cited the “crickets (from Republicans) when Trump keeps assaulting the Constitution,” as an example of how the Republican Party has transformed under Trump’s leadership. “The Republican Party now – particularly the Republicans in this government – are just sitting by the sidelines and letting the Trump administration destroy this country,” the 66-year-old said. “I mean, they don’t say anything. They don’t stand up to him.” Davis then accused Trump of stoking fear and hatred to rile his base and take down his political enemies.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Trump on the 157,000+ COVID-19 deaths: “It is what it is.”
- Republican Stuart Stevens on Trump: “He is a blithering idiot.”
- Most police aren’t good. The statement makes our inaction tolerable as POCs visibly abused/killed.
- Face coverings and ‘cancel culture’
- COVID-19 task force all but call Trump a liar about Hydroxychloroquine?
- Pelosi schools ABC host as she tried to slam Democratic governor on COVID-19 resurgence
- Trump’s Treasury Secretary thinks Americans are overpaid
- 91-year-old activist James Lawson slams plantation capitalism at John Lewis funeral
- President Obama explains that Congressman John Lewis is a founding father.
- About John Lewis: He loved America until America learned to love him back