I prepared nothing for today’s program as the Colombian Ambassador was scheduled live but instead prerecorded the interview. Thank you, Beto, Whoopi, & Venezuela.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
With the number of issues occurring in the United States concurrently, it is not difficult to have many intersecting topics to discuss at any time. Today was one of those days.
Beto O’Rourke said he is running for president officially. Of course, we knew this for some time. Whoopi came back from her near-death experience with a disdain for insurance companies. Why is it necessary for people to suffer at the hand of some issue before they decide to get on board? Where is the empathy for our fellow people?
I discuss my interview with the Ambassador of Colombia and former Vice-President Francisco Santos. I will play that interview next week.
The Guardian: The Southern Poverty Law Center, a nationally known not-for-profit organization that monitors hate groups, said Thursday it had fired its co-founder Morris Dees, who once won a lawsuit that bankrupted a leading Ku Klux Klan group.
A statement by Richard Cohen, the president of the Alabama-based law center, said Dees’ employment had been terminated, but it did not give a specific reason.
“As a civil rights organization, the SPLC is committed to ensuring that the conduct of our staff reflects the mission of the organization and the values we hope to instill in the world. When one of our own fails to meet those standards, no matter his or her role in the organization, we take it seriously and must take appropriate action,” it said.
Reached by telephone, Dees said the matter involved a personnel issue but did not elaborate. He said he wished the center well.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are Republicans Slow Learners or is something else up with COVID-19
- Joe Biden had a shocking response on Confederate statues I did not expect
- MSNBC host slams incompetence of Trump Admin with a graph
- US, Brazil, Russia are COVID-19 hot spots due to anti-science leaders – Business Insider
- A Black pregnant woman dragged out of her car by a cop and tased on her stomach.
- Black American married to a Black Immigrant on the meaning of going home
- Stupidity spreads in droplets
- An incredulous MSNBC Host calls out a lying Trump GOP hack
- NFL player & friends asked to leave Chipotle ’cause white customer uncomfortable.’
- Chuck Todd scolds Trump’s HHS Sec. for Admin’s face mask message: You did not answer my question!