I prepared nothing for today’s program as the Colombian Ambassador was scheduled live but instead prerecorded the interview. Thank you, Beto, Whoopi, & Venezuela.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
With the number of issues occurring in the United States concurrently, it is not difficult to have many intersecting topics to discuss at any time. Today was one of those days.
Beto O’Rourke said he is running for president officially. Of course, we knew this for some time. Whoopi came back from her near-death experience with a disdain for insurance companies. Why is it necessary for people to suffer at the hand of some issue before they decide to get on board? Where is the empathy for our fellow people?
I discuss my interview with the Ambassador of Colombia and former Vice-President Francisco Santos. I will play that interview next week.
The Guardian: The Southern Poverty Law Center, a nationally known not-for-profit organization that monitors hate groups, said Thursday it had fired its co-founder Morris Dees, who once won a lawsuit that bankrupted a leading Ku Klux Klan group.
A statement by Richard Cohen, the president of the Alabama-based law center, said Dees’ employment had been terminated, but it did not give a specific reason.
“As a civil rights organization, the SPLC is committed to ensuring that the conduct of our staff reflects the mission of the organization and the values we hope to instill in the world. When one of our own fails to meet those standards, no matter his or her role in the organization, we take it seriously and must take appropriate action,” it said.
Reached by telephone, Dees said the matter involved a personnel issue but did not elaborate. He said he wished the center well.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- This Jewish Daily Kos writer gives the best analysis of Ilham Omar’s statements. MSM blew it.
- Another Pro-War Lie: Media Still Not More Skeptical of Pro-War Claims
- Will Democratic Centrists support a very Progressive Candidate?
- Telling discussion ties Venezuela, Walmart, Empathy, and personal stories on Tamara for Georgia
- Chuck Todd calls out Trump: We need a white nationalism extremism database
- Dark day for the church of my childhood
- Trump’s & GOP Governors Medicaid cuts or denials is genocide on the poor, their actions kill people
- Politics Done Right Interviews Colombian Ambassador about Venezuela crisis & plan to oust Maduro
- China’s massive reforestation successes. What about the United States?
- Are you ready to go bankrupt? Here is why absent Medicare for All you just might.