I prepared nothing for today’s program as the Colombian Ambassador was scheduled live but instead prerecorded the interview. Thank you, Beto, Whoopi, & Venezuela.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
With the number of issues occurring in the United States concurrently, it is not difficult to have many intersecting topics to discuss at any time. Today was one of those days.
Beto O’Rourke said he is running for president officially. Of course, we knew this for some time. Whoopi came back from her near-death experience with a disdain for insurance companies. Why is it necessary for people to suffer at the hand of some issue before they decide to get on board? Where is the empathy for our fellow people?
I discuss my interview with the Ambassador of Colombia and former Vice-President Francisco Santos. I will play that interview next week.
The Guardian: The Southern Poverty Law Center, a nationally known not-for-profit organization that monitors hate groups, said Thursday it had fired its co-founder Morris Dees, who once won a lawsuit that bankrupted a leading Ku Klux Klan group.
A statement by Richard Cohen, the president of the Alabama-based law center, said Dees’ employment had been terminated, but it did not give a specific reason.
“As a civil rights organization, the SPLC is committed to ensuring that the conduct of our staff reflects the mission of the organization and the values we hope to instill in the world. When one of our own fails to meet those standards, no matter his or her role in the organization, we take it seriously and must take appropriate action,” it said.
Reached by telephone, Dees said the matter involved a personnel issue but did not elaborate. He said he wished the center well.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.
- Stephanie Ruhle blast Republicans after they admit lying about the steal, CRT, and litter boxes
- REALLY? Fox News has a novel and condescendingly sexist message to get women to vote for Republicans
- Matthew Dowd nailed the election as if he was reading a crystal ball
- Fox News slams GOP: Voters said no thanks to the Republican alternative. They’ve indicted the Party.
- Clubs in Action via Humble Area Democrats canvass right up to this existential midterm.
- Billion-fueled Fascism is on the Nov. 8th Ballot
- I AGREE! Michael Moore says it is almost impossible for Democrats to lose the midterms — If …