Dr. Brian Ott will discuss in detail how Twitter has affected our politics and how it will evolve going forward. – The pharmaceutical pilfer win insulin continues.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
On yesterday’s show, I made the case that the insulin story where Pharmaceutical companies are pilfering the American people is just one cog in a system that prevents most Americans from accumulating wealth. In the second segment, we will continue that discussion.
And don’t forget. Tonight is Politcs Done Right’s first video meetup. I hope to see you there.
But today we have another special guest. He will open many eyes on the state of Twitter in politics.
Dr. Brian L. Ott is an award-winning scholar and teacher who has been studying rhetoric, communication, and media technologies for more than 20 years. He has authored numerous books and articles on the changing nature of communication in the digital era, and he regularly presents his research at public events and professional conferences. He has held the rank of Professor at three different institutions—Colorado State University, University of Colorado Denver, and Texas Tech University. Dr. Ott is the former Department Chair of Communication Studies at Texas Tech and the current Director of Texas Tech University Press.
Ott has been featured in publications such as The New York Times and is also the author of The Small Screen: How Television Equips Us to Live in the Information Age, Critical Media Studies: An Introduction, and The Twitter Presidency: Donald J. Trump and the Politics of White Rage.
CommonDreams: ‘The Time for Medicare for All Has Come’: Jayapal Unveils Visionary Bill to Remake US Healthcare System. In a historic step toward replacing America’s uniquely expensive and deadly for-profit healthcare system with a humane program that would leave no one behind, Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) on Wednesday will officially introduce Medicare for All legislation that policy experts and advocates have praised as comprehensive, strong, and “battle-ready.” “The state of our healthcare system is absolutely atrocious,” Jayapal told reporters on the eve of the bill’s release. “How is it possible that the United States, the richest country in the world, is the only major country that does not guarantee healthcare to our residents?”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are Republicans Slow Learners or is something else up with COVID-19
- Joe Biden had a shocking response on Confederate statues I did not expect
- MSNBC host slams incompetence of Trump Admin with a graph
- US, Brazil, Russia are COVID-19 hot spots due to anti-science leaders – Business Insider
- A Black pregnant woman dragged out of her car by a cop and tased on her stomach.
- Black American married to a Black Immigrant on the meaning of going home
- Stupidity spreads in droplets
- An incredulous MSNBC Host calls out a lying Trump GOP hack
- NFL player & friends asked to leave Chipotle ’cause white customer uncomfortable.’
- Chuck Todd scolds Trump’s HHS Sec. for Admin’s face mask message: You did not answer my question!