Dr. Brian Ott will discuss in detail how Twitter has affected our politics and how it will evolve going forward. – The pharmaceutical pilfer win insulin continues.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
On yesterday’s show, I made the case that the insulin story where Pharmaceutical companies are pilfering the American people is just one cog in a system that prevents most Americans from accumulating wealth. In the second segment, we will continue that discussion.
And don’t forget. Tonight is Politcs Done Right’s first video meetup. I hope to see you there.
But today we have another special guest. He will open many eyes on the state of Twitter in politics.
Dr. Brian L. Ott is an award-winning scholar and teacher who has been studying rhetoric, communication, and media technologies for more than 20 years. He has authored numerous books and articles on the changing nature of communication in the digital era, and he regularly presents his research at public events and professional conferences. He has held the rank of Professor at three different institutions—Colorado State University, University of Colorado Denver, and Texas Tech University. Dr. Ott is the former Department Chair of Communication Studies at Texas Tech and the current Director of Texas Tech University Press.
Ott has been featured in publications such as The New York Times and is also the author of The Small Screen: How Television Equips Us to Live in the Information Age, Critical Media Studies: An Introduction, and The Twitter Presidency: Donald J. Trump and the Politics of White Rage.
CommonDreams: ‘The Time for Medicare for All Has Come’: Jayapal Unveils Visionary Bill to Remake US Healthcare System. In a historic step toward replacing America’s uniquely expensive and deadly for-profit healthcare system with a humane program that would leave no one behind, Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) on Wednesday will officially introduce Medicare for All legislation that policy experts and advocates have praised as comprehensive, strong, and “battle-ready.” “The state of our healthcare system is absolutely atrocious,” Jayapal told reporters on the eve of the bill’s release. “How is it possible that the United States, the richest country in the world, is the only major country that does not guarantee healthcare to our residents?”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.
- Mehdi Hasan has a message to Democrats over Biden’s sinking polls: Calm down! Here is what to do!
- KUDOS to Rep Jayapal saying that challenging misdeeds by the Israeli government isn’t antisemitic.
- Stephanopoulos slams Scalise for CBO doubletalk on funding Israel vs IRS agents auditing tax cheats.
- What’s the connection between the onset of global warming & an increase in violent human behavior?
- What’s the latest, greatest, and greenest today in countertop materials, flooring, paint, and appliances?
- What are some ways to grow more food on less land, given population growth and less arable land?