It does not matter how benevolent the wealthy, an economy with billionaires & ultra-millionaires destroy opportunities for the masses by design.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The reality is that we feel compelled to dispel the myth that under our current system all have the same opportunity to succeed, the same access to success. The reality is the vast majority of people will be held below their potential, not because of their desire, aptitude, intellect, or ambition, but because under our system most must be chosen.
The absolute meritocracy is a figment of our imagination in the aggregate.
CommonDreams: The New Green Deal is a 14-page document that exists about 40,000 feet up in terms of abstraction. It will not be passed by this Congress. That’s not just because of the political divide but also because it is not legislation: It’s a set of broad ideas — good ones, from my perspective — to reduce carbon emissions while creating good jobs through investment in green industry.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Ali Velshi strikes again with an economic truth seldom told on cable
- Biden’s Latino/African American gaffe was no gaffe at all. He’s right.
- Is it true that being around a waterfall makes you feel good?
- Pelosi hits back at MSNBC host about negotiations ‘It’s not just about dollars. It’s about values’
- Professor Dr. Eddie Glaude unloads on Trump’s silly claim about his works for black folk.
- New York NRA lawsuit: AG James accuses gun group execs of self-dealing
- Opinion | The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II – The New York Times
- Trump’s Tantrum Against TikTok Is No Laughing Matter
- Black Lives Matter: Resisting the Propaganda of Status Quo Defenders
- Nancy Pelosi calls out Andrea Mitchell for allowing another Trump media distraction