Until we realize that we are responsible for the American School Crisis, nothing will change. We have allowed billionaires and corporations to use our most precious resources as commodities, raw material.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The second largest school district is on strike. At first, it seemed that teacher strikes were Red State issues because they are so poor in collecting taxes to pay for the education of their citizens. It turns out, the teacher problem is countrywide. If Los Angeles won’t do right by their students through their teachers there is no hope in the short term.
But we are never about being hopeless. We are always about creating the necessary change to make lives better for all. This means ensuring we are informed about the problems and then make sure we know that there are solutions if we are willing to go around the plutocratic crap we are indoctrinated with all of the times.
Tamara Shealey of Tamara for Georgia joins us to discuss the government shutdown and more.
- RawStory: One of socialized medicine’s biggest critics is about to get some first-hand experience in how it works. The Louisville Courier Journal reports that Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), a libertarian who in the past has compared Canadian-style single-payer health care systems to “slavery,” will be travelling to Canada later this month to get surgery on an injured hernia. The Courier-Journal discovered that Paul is scheduled to have a hernia operation at the Shouldice Hernia Hospital in Thornhill, Ontario next week, according to documents filed in the senator’s civil lawsuit against a neighbor who attacked him last year and left him with six broken ribs and a bruised lung. Paul, who is himself a former ophthalmologist, has regularly attacked Democratic proposals to ensure universal health care, whether they take a more market-based approach like former President Barack Obama’s landmark Affordable Care Act or whether they aim for a Canada-style system like Sen. Bernie Sanders’ (I-VT) proposed Medicare for All bill.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.
- CNN’s Victor Blackwell Nails GOP’s Byron Donalds for his George Santos & Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy.
- Mehdi Hasan exposes that the voter fraud Republicans lie about is themselves looking in a mirror.
- A frank conversation with a white former police officer admitting the job made him more prejudiced.
- Corporations win irrespective of party: Prosecutions for malfeasance down. Unionization down
- GOP Politicians wrap themselves in the flag of patriotism. Progressives like Gov. Wes Moore execute.
- Senator Sinema & Manchin inflame Progressives with a statement on the filibuster in Davos.