Senator Elizabeth Warren marked her Progressive spot early in the Democratic race as she should. Not surprisingly the disguised sexist attacks from the neoliberals have already begun.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Viva lo liberal. Elizabeth Warren has thrown herself into the ring. She was smart to do so to mark one spot in the Progressive space before anyone else.
The Democratic field will be filled with prospects. It is important that in the Democratic primaries we do not fall for personalities. America is a Progressive country. The Party where Progressives have fertile soil to flourish is currently the Democratic Party.
The Democratic Party is also the place where both Blue Dogs and neoliberals live. Both of these brands of Democrats have had their run and failed in the aggregate. As such it is imperative that going forward Progressives coalesce around a real Progressive candidate. As the field fills, we must disregard personalities and listen specifically to the candidates’ words and their individual platforms. We then select the most Progressively convicted candidate. For those who claim we need a centrist candidate, note that they are absolutely wrong. Americans want a candidate who they understand will make their lives better. And that candidate will
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 2:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Thursday 12-2 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow right after Politics Done Right at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- My heart’s with Bernie but Warren knows to use a dagger with a smile.
- What is so-called “Flying Shame” and what’s the climate connection?
- On the Trump dog whistle and his manifesto destiny – complicit to the core.
- The stories keep coming. It is about life or death! And it is real.
- Impeachment coverage must not stifle Medicare for All & other Progressive issues.
- Fox News Poll: Most Americans now want Donald Trump impeached & removed.
- Why as Danny lost his arm & Bernie’s heart paused, they preached Medicare for All.
- The Donald Trump War On American Children
- Bernie supporter or not, mainstream corporate media playing us all.
- Chuck Todd explodes on Sen. Johnson: Stop trying to make Donald Trump feel better!
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)