No one person or group is going to turn any part of America Progressive. It is all about working together with an unabashedly Progressive message that speaks to the people.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
One of the goals of Politics Done Right in 2019 is to feature many hardworking activists who are responsible for the Progressive victories throughout the country. I am fortunate to be in the largest county in the country where the Progressive activism and engagement made a huge difference.
Thousands were activated and it continues as we ramp up for 2020. One of the things we aim to show is the if you can breath and you are awake you not only can make a difference but you must.
Activists like Neil Aquino live by all the tenets in someone we call citizen. He engages and he makes things happen. We are lucky to have him in the studio with us today.
- Common Dreams: After “West Wing” producer and screenwriter Aaron Sorkin lectured the bold freshman class of congressional Democrats to “stop acting like young people” in a CNN interview on Sunday—remarks that were quickly interpreted as a call to move right—Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) responded that the progressive policies championed by young Democrats aren’t mere “trends” with no real-world consequences. “Who is going to tell him that most of the Democratic politicians firing up the base and driving the conversation are young people?”
—CREDO Mobile “News flash: Medicare for All and equal rights aren’t trends,” the New York congresswoman wrote, referring specifically to Sorkin’s flippant dismissal of the push for equal rights for transgender Americans as a “Republican talking point they’re trying to distract you with.” “When people complain about low turnout in some demo[graphics], it’s not because communities are apathetic, it’s because they don’t see you fighting for them,” continued Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest woman ever elected to Congress. “If we don’t show up for people, why should you feel entitled to their vote?”
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Former Secretary of State, General Colin Powell died this morning
- Buttigieg schools Chuck Todd: Private sector made supply chain fiasco. Biden not waiting on market.
- Workers now have the upper hand. And that is the way it should be going forward.
- Joe Biden disregards unhinged unemployment report MSM GOP narrative
- Republicans urging Republicans to vote Democratic in 2022 and 2024
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Texas administrator heard forcing teachers to teach alternative history to students.
- Fareed Zakaria: Why Build Back Better and not tariffs is better for the American worker.
- The other BIG LIE: General uses GPS Fareed Zakaria to scare Americans to increase defense spending.
- Semi-DINO Manchin complains about Schumer justifiably slamming GOP debt ceiling hostage-taking.
- Watch Joe Biden disregard the unhinged unemployment report mainstream media GOP negative narrative
- The message about Van Jones, Carlos Watson, & Sage Steele only Tiffany Cross had the ovaries to say
- Bernie Sanders goes ballistic on Joe Manchin: Stop holding Prez, 48 Senators, & Americans hostage.
- MSNBC Host slams Republican Senator: I hear you acknowledge the hypocrisy of your party (The Republican Party).
- Al Franken on Republicans: We have to be as ruthless. We have to be stone-cold killers.
- This MNSBC Host, Tiffany Cross dissed Stephanie Grisham’s Trump tell-all book. Failing up.
- Mainstream media ex-reporter acknowledged being used by Right-Wing: GOP is a criminal enterprise.
- It’s not the Democrats. It’s the media that is screwing up the Build Back Better message.
- Deluded Editorial: Democrats will thank Joe Manchin for protecting them from Progressive excess. NOT!
- Senator from the poorest state insults his own constituents. Joe Manchin: ‘Entitlement mentality’
- General Milley completely embarrassed grandstanding GOP Congressman on the China call. IE: BRING IT ON!