No one person or group is going to turn any part of America Progressive. It is all about working together with an unabashedly Progressive message that speaks to the people.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
One of the goals of Politics Done Right in 2019 is to feature many hardworking activists who are responsible for the Progressive victories throughout the country. I am fortunate to be in the largest county in the country where the Progressive activism and engagement made a huge difference.
Thousands were activated and it continues as we ramp up for 2020. One of the things we aim to show is the if you can breath and you are awake you not only can make a difference but you must.
Activists like Neil Aquino live by all the tenets in someone we call citizen. He engages and he makes things happen. We are lucky to have him in the studio with us today.
- Common Dreams: After “West Wing” producer and screenwriter Aaron Sorkin lectured the bold freshman class of congressional Democrats to “stop acting like young people” in a CNN interview on Sunday—remarks that were quickly interpreted as a call to move right—Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) responded that the progressive policies championed by young Democrats aren’t mere “trends” with no real-world consequences. “Who is going to tell him that most of the Democratic politicians firing up the base and driving the conversation are young people?”
—CREDO Mobile “News flash: Medicare for All and equal rights aren’t trends,” the New York congresswoman wrote, referring specifically to Sorkin’s flippant dismissal of the push for equal rights for transgender Americans as a “Republican talking point they’re trying to distract you with.” “When people complain about low turnout in some demo[graphics], it’s not because communities are apathetic, it’s because they don’t see you fighting for them,” continued Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest woman ever elected to Congress. “If we don’t show up for people, why should you feel entitled to their vote?”
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.
- Mehdi Hasan has a message to Democrats over Biden’s sinking polls: Calm down! Here is what to do!
- KUDOS to Rep Jayapal saying that challenging misdeeds by the Israeli government isn’t antisemitic.
- Stephanopoulos slams Scalise for CBO doubletalk on funding Israel vs IRS agents auditing tax cheats.
- What’s the connection between the onset of global warming & an increase in violent human behavior?
- What’s the latest, greatest, and greenest today in countertop materials, flooring, paint, and appliances?
- What are some ways to grow more food on less land, given population growth and less arable land?