Rarely do we ask Conservatives or Moderates to placate their language or writings to appease Progressives. Why then is such a concern to dilute the Progressive message to appease them?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I believe wholeheartedly in inclusivity, truthful speech, ‘civil’ speech, and engagement with those on all sides of the political spectrum. Unfortunately, there are those who want Progressives to coddle every Conservative or Moderate instead of honest dialoguing. This expectation is dangerous for several reasons.
I received very upsetting emails from two friends in a particular organization today who would want Progressives to temper their speech because it makes some uncomfortable. This discomfort they say detracts from the ability to bring these people into the fold. The question is; if one must tell less than the truth to bring some into the fold, what good is having them in the first place?
I immediately remembered a quote from Martin Luther King as he spent some time in a Birmingham jail. The issue is much more profound today. Replace the words “white moderate” with “some Progressives.” I will discuss MLK’s letter
As I sat in Starbucks, my good friend Dr. John Theis, Professor of Government and Director of Lone Star College’s Center of Civic Engagement, walked in to grade some final exams. I told him I was writing an article for the DailyKos triggered by an email I receive from a friend. After I told him I would include Martin Luther King’s quote he provided another one for balance to illustrate that while one must be civil, there are virtues that one must not cross. He gave me a Barry Goldwater quote that I will also reference in the Blog of the Week which is going to be Sunday’
There is much happening. If we continue to appease solely the sensibility of of those who refuse to look at reality objectively we are doing a disservice to the country. Protecting said sensibilities is tantamount to disregarding a large percentage of the population.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- It cannot survive without a broken America, yet we live with it as we fail to confront it.
- Official swearing-in of Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson at the United States Supreme Court
- Liz Cheney: Republican leaders & elected officials made themselves willing hostages to Trump.
- Lawrence O’Donnell ridicules TX Gov. Abbott for his solution to denying rape victims an abortion.
- Historian: This was a president who led a coup d’é·tat, an insurrection against the people of the USA.
- Two young progressives call out the Democratic establishment’s ineptitude as they demand action.
- Fmr. RNC Chair to Dems: Spine up A GOP House/Senate = No filibuster & Abortion ban nationally.
- Katie Porter is right. SCOTUS ruling is an attack on the economy & freedom. Filibuster must end
- AOC destroys Arkansas Governor: Little to no support for life after birth in Arkansas.
- Democratic politicians better listen to this activist. It’s time for her winning message.
- Here’s a short-term Roe v. Wade overturn solution. Democrats must stop being spineless in the fight!
- Exposed oil scam the corporate oil cartel will hate: Politics Done Right on Muslim Network TV
- Liz Cheney gets real with Right-Wing Trump sycophants President Trump abused your trust
- An activist patriarchal Supreme Court overturned women’s Rights to their own bodies.
- Dems: Stop blaming Latinos for Democratic losses. Reassess before it’s too late.
- LIVE: Documentary Series No Address Atlanta screening and Q&A session
- The wealthy shareholders and investors don’t care about you! Why I checked this listener.
- Stephanie Ruhle implores voters: Ask Republicans for their answer to inflation before a blind vote.
- Oil companies are fraudsters: They make record profits then blame Biden for ripping us off for it.
- Watch Starbucks CEO say he won’t work with unions for incoherent reasons. HUBRIS? My Take.