Rarely do we ask Conservatives or Moderates to placate their language or writings to appease Progressives. Why then is such a concern to dilute the Progressive message to appease them?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I believe wholeheartedly in inclusivity, truthful speech, ‘civil’ speech, and engagement with those on all sides of the political spectrum. Unfortunately, there are those who want Progressives to coddle every Conservative or Moderate instead of honest dialoguing. This expectation is dangerous for several reasons.
I received very upsetting emails from two friends in a particular organization today who would want Progressives to temper their speech because it makes some uncomfortable. This discomfort they say detracts from the ability to bring these people into the fold. The question is; if one must tell less than the truth to bring some into the fold, what good is having them in the first place?
I immediately remembered a quote from Martin Luther King as he spent some time in a Birmingham jail. The issue is much more profound today. Replace the words “white moderate” with “some Progressives.” I will discuss MLK’s letter
As I sat in Starbucks, my good friend Dr. John Theis, Professor of Government and Director of Lone Star College’s Center of Civic Engagement, walked in to grade some final exams. I told him I was writing an article for the DailyKos triggered by an email I receive from a friend. After I told him I would include Martin Luther King’s quote he provided another one for balance to illustrate that while one must be civil, there are virtues that one must not cross. He gave me a Barry Goldwater quote that I will also reference in the Blog of the Week which is going to be Sunday’
There is much happening. If we continue to appease solely the sensibility of of those who refuse to look at reality objectively we are doing a disservice to the country. Protecting said sensibilities is tantamount to disregarding a large percentage of the population.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Colorado white woman follows a black man in her neighborhood: Get out of here!
- Mother takes 17-year-old daughter to church ‘COVID Party.’ Teen is now dead.
- The Lincoln Project exposes in detail Trump’s catastrophic job policies
- Judge Lina Hidalgo puts Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on the spot for COVID-19 response
- Ali Velshi drills Trump spokesman talking COVID-19 conspiracy
- RIP Medical Debt is a blessing to many drowning in medical debt.
- The 2020 Election Demands 3-Way Protection and a Nationwide Grassroots EP Upheaval
- D.L. Hughley: Can’t be a black Trump supporter & be redeemable human
- In the Name of Anti-Trump-ism, Media Elevate a Lying Warmonger
- Chris Hayes lays into President: Trump must resign for COVID-19 catastrophe