A Panamanian American called into Politics Done Right with a perplexing question that we must explore. Many activists ask this about Americans especially in these times.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Our economy is doing great by the numbers. The unemployment rate is very low. Inflation is very low. Productivity is high.
But, wages are low. Health insurance rates are sky high. Student debt is through the roof. Our roads, airports and public infrastructure are in disrepair. Eighty percent of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
Those realities speak to one thing. There is a class in this country that is reaping the benefit of what everyone else is doing.
So why aren’t Americans in the streets? A Panamanian American, Roberto, called into the show yesterday and asked that profound question. That is what we will discuss today.
- Wisconsin Governor Walker signs bill removing power from Governor who beat him.
- Verizon cutting jobs. What about the tax cut scam again?
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.
- Naomi Klein on why Progressive should support Bernie
- California: Screwing Bernie Sanders Again?