A Panamanian American called into Politics Done Right with a perplexing question that we must explore. Many activists ask this about Americans especially in these times.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Our economy is doing great by the numbers. The unemployment rate is very low. Inflation is very low. Productivity is high.
But, wages are low. Health insurance rates are sky high. Student debt is through the roof. Our roads, airports and public infrastructure are in disrepair. Eighty percent of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
Those realities speak to one thing. There is a class in this country that is reaping the benefit of what everyone else is doing.
So why aren’t Americans in the streets? A Panamanian American, Roberto, called into the show yesterday and asked that profound question. That is what we will discuss today.
- Wisconsin Governor Walker signs bill removing power from Governor who beat him.
- Verizon cutting jobs. What about the tax cut scam again?
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Remove the chains, open the mind, and explore Democratic Socialism. It may surprise you.
- Stripping Steve King of committee positions for racist comments not enough
- Americans should have a “Credible Fear” of William Barr
- Fox News’s Nefarious Role in Misinforming Trump Voters
- Fascinating discussion about the border wall & immigrants with a Trump supporting Republican
- How the rich are screwing us all, The Big Economic Switcheroo
- Waking Up With Julianna Forlano interviews Egberto Willies on WBAI-99.5 FM New York
- Inside the new Department of the Inferior
- Should Bernie Sanders run again? I say no (for now)
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the future of the Democratic Party, like it or not