Americans cannot let Trump lie and scare them into voting against their own interest by using a vile form of racism and xenophobia. Guest: Sri Preston Kulkarni
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Donald Trump is at it again. He is trying to bring out the inner racist element that still resides in some. He has released Trump’s version of the George Bush Willie Horton ad. I won’t show it, play it, or talk about the ad specifically because none of that will provide Americans with the health care they need, the wage increases they are owed, or the myriad of other things the GOP has failed to provide while in complete control of the Federal Government in Washington DC and most of the state governments in the country. Texas provides a good example of a government that is legally murdering its citizens by denying them access to healthcare every Texan is already paying for. This is repeated Red State after Red State. Criminals legal and moral must pay a price at the polls. And that can only be done if you vote.
If you can early vote as people can in Texas until tomorrow at 7:00 PM, please do so. But on November 6th, it is imperative that the polls are overwhelmed with voters. Some would say that irrespective of one’s party affiliation or ideology, a Progressive vote is necessitated this time. It will be ones personal human malpractice if you don’t vote to save this state and country.
Our special guest today is Sri Preston Kulkarni. I read some articles this morning about the Kulkarni race which has attracted some national attention. One has to be impressed with Kulkarni and Progressive and Moderate candidates that decided to challenge the reactionary form of government in place throughout the country. Kulkarni will tell us about the state of his race and about the big picture in Congress.
KPFT is in its Fall Fund Drive. We need your continued support if you have been a donor before and we need you to join the family if you haven’t before. Especially in these times where one cannot trust the mainstream media who is owned by the Plutocracy, your support means we have the funds to continue serving you unadulteratedly. So, please support KPFT now. You will ensure we can continue to get our message out and serve you and this country. Click here to support Politics Done Right on KPFT.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 2:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Thursday 12-2 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow right after Politics Done Right at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- The Republican Party Establishment pathology not waning fast enough
- Who, Us? Corporate Media Ignore Their Role in Trump’s Refugee ‘Invasion’ Panic
- CNN rips Jeff Flake: ‘Is there anything more empty in American politics than a threat from Jeff Flake?’
- Democrats & Progressives won Midterm 2018. Here is how we keep the win.
- Christianity Is to Blame for the Bigoted Purposes to Which It’s Being Put, but …
- How Blue States Help Red States (VIDEO)
- Conservative Bill Kristol: Working to save the Republican Party from Trump (VIDEO)
- An open letter to Republicans, Conservatives, and Trumpists
- It was a huge Progressive Democratic win! Disregard mainstream media punditry
- 14 Guidelines for making change in turbulent times
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)