President Trump said he and Republicans were victorious in Midterm 2018. It is imperative that Progressives and Democrats keep the narrative straight.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Democrats and Progressives had a big win. Yet, it seems that Democrats are succumbing to the Presidents narrative if not literally, with their attitudes. It is important that we understand what is happening and why.
The real story keeps getting better folks. It will take more than voter suppression. And yes there was a wave. In share volume, there were at least 10% more Progressive/Democratic votes.
Remember, the engineered Republican control is a constitutional flaw. That a Senator from a state with a million people has the same power as one representing 10s of millions is anti-democratic irrespective of the founders intent. That gerrymandering means one party must get at least 6% more votes for a similar outcome is a flaw in our representative democracy. If you are going to comment about we are a republic, I bet you will have a different argument if you were the one antidemocratically aggrieved.
Folks know we are working on options that do not require the impossibility of a constitutional amendment to mitigate these types of aberrations. At this point in our history, absent ingenious ways around our constitutional flaws and a Supreme Court that is the ward of the plutocracy, we would become but some quasi-feudal system as we are all relegated to indentured servitude.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 2:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Thursday 12-2 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow right after Politics Done Right at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- What Liberals need to understand about Progressives
- Here is why we must forget impeachment and move on even as Mueller Report is terrible news for Trump.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders’ Fox News town hall: a template for a Democrat in the foxhole
- Mueller Report in Searchable Form (OCR’ed)
- This Republican realizes Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is very smart & now petrified.
- Bernie Sanders shows why neither the GOP nor the DNC likely wants Democratic Debates on Fox News
- Here is the truth about Medicare for All vs Private Insurance that robs you
- My confrontation with a Republican praising Trump ‘dumping’ asylum seekers on sanctuary cities.
- The most profound words I read on Tiger Woods’ win to date
- The entrepreneurial doctor vs. the hiking retired police officer
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)