President Trump said he and Republicans were victorious in Midterm 2018. It is imperative that Progressives and Democrats keep the narrative straight.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Democrats and Progressives had a big win. Yet, it seems that Democrats are succumbing to the Presidents narrative if not literally, with their attitudes. It is important that we understand what is happening and why.
The real story keeps getting better folks. It will take more than voter suppression. And yes there was a wave. In share volume, there were at least 10% more Progressive/Democratic votes.
Remember, the engineered Republican control is a constitutional flaw. That a Senator from a state with a million people has the same power as one representing 10s of millions is anti-democratic irrespective of the founders intent. That gerrymandering means one party must get at least 6% more votes for a similar outcome is a flaw in our representative democracy. If you are going to comment about we are a republic, I bet you will have a different argument if you were the one antidemocratically aggrieved.
Folks know we are working on options that do not require the impossibility of a constitutional amendment to mitigate these types of aberrations. At this point in our history, absent ingenious ways around our constitutional flaws and a Supreme Court that is the ward of the plutocracy, we would become but some quasi-feudal system as we are all relegated to indentured servitude.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 2:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Thursday 12-2 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow right after Politics Done Right at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.
- CNN’s Victor Blackwell Nails GOP’s Byron Donalds for his George Santos & Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy.
- Mehdi Hasan exposes that the voter fraud Republicans lie about is themselves looking in a mirror.
- A frank conversation with a white former police officer admitting the job made him more prejudiced.
- Corporations win irrespective of party: Prosecutions for malfeasance down. Unionization down
- GOP Politicians wrap themselves in the flag of patriotism. Progressives like Gov. Wes Moore execute.
- Senator Sinema & Manchin inflame Progressives with a statement on the filibuster in Davos.
- 200+ millionaires urge world leaders at Davos to tax the ultra-rich. Stop pilfering the masses
- Talking to Democrats on how to engage their right-wing family & friends productively
- This event at Belafonte’s home proves Martin Luther King was closer in values to Bernie & AOC.
- An MLK Commentary AND Billionaires are the manifestations of a failed economic system.
- BREAKING: Fmr. MAGA Republican candidate arrested in shootings of Democratic politicians’ homes.
- GO BACK TO YOUR PARTISAN CABLE COCOON: Chuck Todd neuters Sen. Johnson for his Hunter Biden hypocrisy.