Even after passage of the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare extortion continues. Why? Because their big pharma and other lobbyist forced our politicians to put in the necessary loopholes to allow it.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
It is clear that we are getting to a flex point in our healthcare. We cannot have healthcare cost go up faster than inflation and wages indefinitely. That is simply not sustainable. When stories like the one about Kaleo extorting a high price for repackaging the opioid emergency drug naloxone rebranded as Evzio breaks, it illustrates how the healthcare industrial complex continues to pilfer middle-class America.
60 Minutes had a chance to really use this story to make a bigger point. But they stopped short and instead gave the CEO of the extorter the opportunity to seem magnanimous.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.
- Naomi Klein on why Progressive should support Bernie
- California: Screwing Bernie Sanders Again?