Even after passage of the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare extortion continues. Why? Because their big pharma and other lobbyist forced our politicians to put in the necessary loopholes to allow it.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
It is clear that we are getting to a flex point in our healthcare. We cannot have healthcare cost go up faster than inflation and wages indefinitely. That is simply not sustainable. When stories like the one about Kaleo extorting a high price for repackaging the opioid emergency drug naloxone rebranded as Evzio breaks, it illustrates how the healthcare industrial complex continues to pilfer middle-class America.
60 Minutes had a chance to really use this story to make a bigger point. But they stopped short and instead gave the CEO of the extorter the opportunity to seem magnanimous.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- History Is Likely to Credit George H. W. Bush with These Two Foreign Policy Accomplishments
- Really? WaPo rates Ocasio-Cortez’s Pentagon tweet bad as Trump’s biggest lies
- They take advantage of the worker because we accept their false choices
- Trump’s intriguing definition of ‘zero’
- Workers: Stop accepting false choices from corporations & politicians (VIDEO)
- Neil Aquino: Activist must forward Progressive ideas now to fuel City Council debate
- Media must cover recent Republican power grab as path to fascism
- I see George H.W. Bush through my Panamanian eyes, and the deaths he caused were unforgivable
- Is No Labels more than a political bait and switch fraud?
- Projection? It’s Republicans who steal elections virtually & literally