Even after passage of the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare extortion continues. Why? Because their big pharma and other lobbyist forced our politicians to put in the necessary loopholes to allow it.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
It is clear that we are getting to a flex point in our healthcare. We cannot have healthcare cost go up faster than inflation and wages indefinitely. That is simply not sustainable. When stories like the one about Kaleo extorting a high price for repackaging the opioid emergency drug naloxone rebranded as Evzio breaks, it illustrates how the healthcare industrial complex continues to pilfer middle-class America.
60 Minutes had a chance to really use this story to make a bigger point. But they stopped short and instead gave the CEO of the extorter the opportunity to seem magnanimous.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Establishment Democrats malign Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and millennials at their peril
- Houston Needs a Progressive Candidate for Mayor
- Went toe to toe a selfish millionaire who believes he is more worthy that workers
- Princeton Professor Eddie Glaude, Jr. points out the real problem with capitalism
- Paris Texas Liberal pastor’s Open Letter dares County Republicans ‘MAGA’
- Dictator Trump
- Elizabeth Warren must be defended like this by all Progressive bloggers
- Why Our World Seems Out of Control
- Why do Conservatives support politicians who put corporate profit over humanity?
- Moralizing Pastor’s Second Baptist Church hired pastor who preyed on teens