Dr. Anand Bhat discusses a “feature” in the Affordable Care Act that is yet another corporate boondoggle, the Quality Industrial Complex, that must be eradicated now ensuring it is never a part of Medicare for All.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
I met Dr. Anand Bhat in Philly at the Democratic National Convention. He was a delegate for Bernie in Ohio. I was a delegate from Texas. But we are both Texans who attended the University of Texas at Austin, Longhorns. I coincidentally met his father at Starbucks who reconnected us. Dr. Anand is in town for Thanksgiving and we took the opportunity to discuss healthcare, Medicare for All, and all things healthcare. He is passionate unlike many of today’s doctors in that he wants a system that works for all.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 2:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Thursday 12-2 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow right after Politics Done Right at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.