Harris County Texas County Judge candidate discusses her race. How does this reflect America as a whole? Here 25 reasons why every Progressive must vote.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Today we have a special guest. After our guest, the blog of the week will discuss 25 reasons or more why we must all vote.
Lina Hidalgo is the Democratic nominee for Harris County Judge, an executive position that controls the budget for our Harris County – the third largest County in America.
Lina was born in Colombia, when the drug war raged and kidnappings were rampant. As they left their home country, Lina’s parents had two goals: to get the family to a safer place, and to make sure that Lina and her brother had a good education. Emigrating to Harris County as a child, Lina is a proud product of Texas public schools, and studied political science at Stanford University.
Lina has always been committed to giving back. She has dedicated her working life to our most vulnerable communities—from her time at the Texas Civil Rights Project to serving as a Spanish-English medical interpreter at the Texas Medical Center and supporting immigrants in search of lost loved ones. From her early childhood in South America and Mexico, to her years in Texas public schools, and her time working with nonprofits at home and abroad, Lina has seen up close what happens when societies tolerate corruption and disparities. She’ll fight to combat both
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.
- CNN’s Victor Blackwell Nails GOP’s Byron Donalds for his George Santos & Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy.
- Mehdi Hasan exposes that the voter fraud Republicans lie about is themselves looking in a mirror.
- A frank conversation with a white former police officer admitting the job made him more prejudiced.
- Corporations win irrespective of party: Prosecutions for malfeasance down. Unionization down
- GOP Politicians wrap themselves in the flag of patriotism. Progressives like Gov. Wes Moore execute.
- Senator Sinema & Manchin inflame Progressives with a statement on the filibuster in Davos.