The midterm election will not be won on social media, on TV, on the radio, on the Internet, or by hoping that some demographic is going to save the day. It will be won with engagement on the ground.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I’ve been watching the ups and downs of the 2018 midterm election both locally and nationally. As I watched the generic polls that seem to indicate a great year for Democrats and with that Progressives, I continue to get concerned for two reasons.
My biggest fear is complacency. When one believes they have something won outright, one has a tendency to believe that an extra effort to get to the polls or help others get to the poll is not all that necessary.
My second concern is the narrative. Donald Trump with the help of the media that always lack giving the proper context to economic numbers may lead, many to believe things are good enough and at the time of voting decide not to make the necessary changes locally and nationally.
This means we must get our narrative right. We must explain the sugar high the economy is on from the tax cut scam. If we do our job, we will win. Otherwise, we may wake up in 2010, 2012, and 2014.
Today my guest is William “Bill” McLeod. I wanted Bill in the studio today because he encompasses all that Democrats and Progressives must do to win the 2018 midterm election. Bill is the candidate for Harris County Civil Court at Law No. 4. Visit his website at mcleodforjustice.com and help him get his job done.
From the Newsfeed
EgbertoWillies,.com: The mainstream media follows every Trump tweet. The funny thing is the nonsensical communication from the president has just a short-lived effect. In the meantime, the administration’s minions are busy with deregulation throughout the country that will hurt most Americans.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.
- CNN’s Victor Blackwell Nails GOP’s Byron Donalds for his George Santos & Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy.
- Mehdi Hasan exposes that the voter fraud Republicans lie about is themselves looking in a mirror.
- A frank conversation with a white former police officer admitting the job made him more prejudiced.
- Corporations win irrespective of party: Prosecutions for malfeasance down. Unionization down
- GOP Politicians wrap themselves in the flag of patriotism. Progressives like Gov. Wes Moore execute.
- Senator Sinema & Manchin inflame Progressives with a statement on the filibuster in Davos.