The midterm election will not be won on social media, on TV, on the radio, on the Internet, or by hoping that some demographic is going to save the day. It will be won with engagement on the ground.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I’ve been watching the ups and downs of the 2018 midterm election both locally and nationally. As I watched the generic polls that seem to indicate a great year for Democrats and with that Progressives, I continue to get concerned for two reasons.
My biggest fear is complacency. When one believes they have something won outright, one has a tendency to believe that an extra effort to get to the polls or help others get to the poll is not all that necessary.
My second concern is the narrative. Donald Trump with the help of the media that always lack giving the proper context to economic numbers may lead, many to believe things are good enough and at the time of voting decide not to make the necessary changes locally and nationally.
This means we must get our narrative right. We must explain the sugar high the economy is on from the tax cut scam. If we do our job, we will win. Otherwise, we may wake up in 2010, 2012, and 2014.
Today my guest is William “Bill” McLeod. I wanted Bill in the studio today because he encompasses all that Democrats and Progressives must do to win the 2018 midterm election. Bill is the candidate for Harris County Civil Court at Law No. 4. Visit his website at mcleodforjustice.com and help him get his job done.
From the Newsfeed
EgbertoWillies,.com: The mainstream media follows every Trump tweet. The funny thing is the nonsensical communication from the president has just a short-lived effect. In the meantime, the administration’s minions are busy with deregulation throughout the country that will hurt most Americans.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- We must stop Trump from winning on the race card and it starts with the mainstream media
- Trump Effect: A scared cop, a star football player, a waste of resources for being black
- MSNBC Pundit said it: Had we called a thing a thing, there would be no President Trump
- Zerlina Maxwell stopped MSNBC host’s whataboutism & false equivalence in its track
- Trump Effect: White security guard pulls gun on Black uniformed police officer
- Congressional Liberalism – When Nancy Pelosi attacked Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Can we harness bioluminescent light from organisms for everyday lighting & other practical purposes
- The snub I got from Governor Inslee & his team at Netroots Nation #NN19 had to be racial disrespect
- Thom Hartmann: Essentially the Republicans are being pushed out of the Democratic Party.
- My Netroots Nation 2019 Experience: Day 0, the most difficult ever.