They admit it: GOP will pay for tax cut scam with cuts to Social Security, Medicare, & more & The Three Big Lessons We Didn’t Learn from the Economic Crisis.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Today Politics Done Right covers two subjects again.
Yesterday the GOP was not shy in telling reporters that if they hold on to Congress they are ready to attack the social safety net. You see, Republicans are smart. It is easy to cut taxes but hard to raise them. Their tax cut scam had a purpose they cannot deny. The intent was to starve the government and then they drive up the budget deficit. They tell Americans they must cut Social Security, Medicare, and more of the social safety net to bring the deficit down. It is mean and they must pay for the deception.
Robert Reich wrote a prescient article. In effect, he detailed what we failed to learn from the 2008 economic implosion. It is something that needs coverage especially now.
From the Newsfeed
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Cori Bush schools GOP on oversight: Dings Trump: a white supremacist election overthrowing demagogue.
- Rep Ted Lieu forced GOP’s sham Garland judiciary hearing to highlight Trump as Jan 6 coup leader.
- EPIC WARNING: Fmr. GOP Operative Steve Schmidt excoriates McConnell & GOP and then …
- A contentious debate on men having no say in the control of a woman’s body, irrespective of baby-daddy.
- Fox News spins the GOP/Joe Manchin alliance that exploded child poverty as failed Biden policies.
- Right winger equates women’s right to choose with the atrocities by some Vietnam soldiers.
- How can I be a more environmentally responsible parent?
- What’s the kerfuffle over uranium mining near the Grand Canyon?
- Can you shed light on just how “green” or not-so-green the Burning Man festival really is?
- What can I do this fall to ensure my garden looks its best next spring?
- Are carbon offsets an effective way to reduce greenhouse gases, or just corporate greenwashing
- Is it true that spam email takes a huge toll on the environment?
- Is there any way to stem the tide of fiberglass pollution from aging and discarded boats fouling marine ecosystems?
- How are amphibians doing in the U.S. and around the world these days?
- Are there greener types of grills or grilling methods that are more planet-friendly?
- Is the widely publicized failure of Yellow Trucking an opportunity to reduce its carbon footprint?
- Is America’s electrician shortage hurting our ability to get away from fossil fuels?
- Our forebears decimated the wild bison herds of the 1800s. Are those remaining today endangered?
- What exactly is “climate migration” and is it already happening?
- Are entrance restriction tactics to reduce overcrowding at national parks having the desired effect?