Texas Democratic Congressional District 5 Candidate Dan Wood joins us to discuss turning his district blue with the Progressive ideas they need.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
In a country in turmoil, it is essential that we start electing people who have the interest of their constituents as a priority. For too long many politicians have forgotten that. The 2018 midterm election will determine a lot. It will tell us if Americans have had enough. I think we have. Throughout the country, virtually all congressional districts are challenged. We are ready for a materializing blue wave. But we need to move from materializing now to materialized on November 6th.
Today we are honored to have Dan Wood with us. Who is Dan Wood?
Dan Wood is running for the U.S. House of Representatives from Texas’ 5th Congressional District. This campaign is one of many around the county challenging the Trump administration’s efforts to undermine our democracy. A vote for Dan Wood is a vote for change. Wood believes in the underdog. Wall Street Banks and Billionaires have too much power in our political system. Oppression of any class of people is just wrong. Healthcare is a right and not a privilege. It’s every woman’s right to control her own body. Wood said he will champion the rights of working people. He said America must set the example for human rights around the world. He is a small business owner – practicing law for 30 years as a criminal defense attorney, protecting and defending citizens’ Constitutional rights in the trial and appellate courts. Helping people is in his nature and he will take that to Washington. Wood is a ’74 Terrell High School graduate, a Texas A&M Former Student, an ’86 Baylor Law grad, a former Terrell city councilman and mayor pro tem, and a proud 2012 Democratic nominee for justice on Texas’ Fifth District Court of Appeals. [Visit Dan Wood’s site]
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Disregard Harry Reid on Elizabeth Warren’s Progressiveness
- The Donald Trump Act Of Betrayal And Infamy
- My thoughts on the Democratic Debate on CNN
- Donald Trump versus Every Law Ever Made in the United States.
- Again! A police officer kills a black person in their own home.
- Team Trump and ‘consciousness of guilt’: So obvious a blind person can see it.
- My heart’s with Bernie but Warren knows to use a dagger with a smile.
- What is so-called “Flying Shame” and what’s the climate connection?
- On the Trump dog whistle and his manifesto destiny – complicit to the core.
- The stories keep coming. It is about life or death! And it is real.