Anand Giridharadas wrote the book many in the movement could have written pointing out that the rich through intricate maneuvers are the cause of many of our economic and other problems.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
In America, we have learned to revere stars and the wealthy. Why is putting a ball in hoop albeit with style worth millions a year? Why is impersonating a character warrant millions? Why are those moving money around more worthy than those who create the services and products that generated that capital more worthy of ultra-high salaries?
There are many avenues one can take to build extraordinary wealth. I am yet to find one in our economic system that is really meritorious. Why? I always break it down into two simple professions. Is a teacher who ensures that knowledge is passed on through time really worth orders of magnitude less than those who manage money? Stockbrokers? Bankers? Hell no. Yet many of those who have amassed wealth are allowed to lead the fix to a failed system that allowed their chosen existence?
From the Newsfeed
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Trump Is No Accident: And the sooner we figure it out the better.
- Black MSNBC Correspondent all but loses it rightfully on air with the truth America must hear
- George Floyd Live Updates: Officer Chauvin Is in Custody – The New York Times
- Ali Velshi gives a clinic in how to best report on Minneapolis protests. He gets it!
- Nancy Pelosi stopped Andrea Mitchell cold from interviewing her on Trump’s terms & gave her own message.
- Baseless blather by full diaper-rash-mode baby Trump on voting by mail
- The majority of church history has been a complete rejection of Christ.
- Tacho Medellin: Just Another Kill For The LE Trophy Case
- NY. Gov. Cuomo scolds McConnell & Scott eloquently pointing out their states were takers
- US Media Failed to Factcheck Sweden’s Herd Immunity Hoax