It is now time to stop speaking around the issue. Police officers are not the bastions of our society but a reflection and they must be treated accordingly. It is unnecessary to say most are good because most of us are.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I am tired of prefacing that most police officers are good when I start speaking about bad cops. Here is the reality, as long as there remains a silent blue line that “good” police officers refuse to cross, it means they are all either bad or at best enablers. The life of millions of mostly people of color are always in the balance and until we stop coddling the police and ensure that like everyone else they follow the law, my life, the lives of people of color throughout this nation are in danger.
When interacting with police officers, do as you are told, be respectful, live-stream if possible, but at least get into audio/video recording mode. If you are a person of color that advice may not save your life but it gives you a better chance of survival and it keeps the injustice at the forefront.
From the Newsfeed
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Cori Bush Defeats William Lacy Clay in a Show of Progressive Might – The New York Times
- Trump on the 157,000+ COVID-19 deaths: “It is what it is.”
- Republican Stuart Stevens on Trump: “He is a blithering idiot.”
- Most police aren’t good. The statement makes our inaction tolerable as POCs visibly abused/killed.
- Face coverings and ‘cancel culture’
- COVID-19 task force all but call Trump a liar about Hydroxychloroquine?
- Pelosi schools ABC host as she tried to slam Democratic governor on COVID-19 resurgence
- Trump’s Treasury Secretary thinks Americans are overpaid
- 91-year-old activist James Lawson slams plantation capitalism at John Lewis funeral
- President Obama explains that Congressman John Lewis is a founding father.