It is now time to stop speaking around the issue. Police officers are not the bastions of our society but a reflection and they must be treated accordingly. It is unnecessary to say most are good because most of us are.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I am tired of prefacing that most police officers are good when I start speaking about bad cops. Here is the reality, as long as there remains a silent blue line that “good” police officers refuse to cross, it means they are all either bad or at best enablers. The life of millions of mostly people of color are always in the balance and until we stop coddling the police and ensure that like everyone else they follow the law, my life, the lives of people of color throughout this nation are in danger.
When interacting with police officers, do as you are told, be respectful, live-stream if possible, but at least get into audio/video recording mode. If you are a person of color that advice may not save your life but it gives you a better chance of survival and it keeps the injustice at the forefront.
From the Newsfeed
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Disregard Harry Reid on Elizabeth Warren’s Progressiveness
- The Donald Trump Act Of Betrayal And Infamy
- My thoughts on the Democratic Debate on CNN
- Donald Trump versus Every Law Ever Made in the United States.
- Again! A police officer kills a black person in their own home.
- Team Trump and ‘consciousness of guilt’: So obvious a blind person can see it.
- My heart’s with Bernie but Warren knows to use a dagger with a smile.
- What is so-called “Flying Shame” and what’s the climate connection?
- On the Trump dog whistle and his manifesto destiny – complicit to the core.
- The stories keep coming. It is about life or death! And it is real.