Today we spend some time with Victor Tiffany, the creator of the Bernie or Bust movement, about his new book and I will query him about regrets if any.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
To be clear, while I was a Bernie Sanders National Delegate, I was never a Bernie or Bust guy. I couldn’t be. Yes, I am a Left Wing Progressive but I am also a pragmatist who will do what is necessary to ensure the poor and the middle-class gets the best deal possible from our society.
Today our guest is Victor Tifanny, one of the founders of the Bernie or Bust movement. He called into Politics Done Right before the 2016 election where he attempted to defend the practicality of the movement. Today he discusses his new book “Bernie or Bust, Pioneers of Electoral Revolt.” It is important that we allow all points of views to be aired. In fact, attempting to silence voices was instrumental in the outcome of the 2016 election and many other elections.
BTW, KPFT 90.1 FM Houston is in our Summer Sizzle Fun Fund Drive. Please support Progressive Community Radio by supporting Politics Done Right with Egberto Willies on KPFT here.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 2:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Thursday 12-2 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Thursdays at 10 PM by Rosemount.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- ‘Speak English’: Comments on the most powerful politician in Houston, Lina Hidalgo
- Wow! Chuck Todd makes two solid journalistic points in one show (VIDEO)
- Her mother-in-law slowly & methodically killed by our immoral healthcare system
- Traditional Maintream Media Erase Years of Gains by Chavismo
- Millennial on the State of our Union: It’s like the fall of the Roman Empire but with WiFi
- My biggest fears on Trump and Russia have been realized and it did not have to be this way.
- Is opposition to Medicare for All to save investors while killing and bankrupting Americans moral?
- Human adaptability has gotten us this far but now it is killing us
- Interview with activist Eleanor Goldfield discussing the state of our democracy and more
- Here is what the home of the future will look like
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)