In our current economy, it isn’t the government that create winners and losers, it is capitalism, our corporate dictatorship that we have allowed to control us all.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
A CNBC story about a Shark Tank reject, that really rubbed me wrong. You see, for those willing to look at the deeper picture, it illustrates an important aspect of capitalism. It is about the supremacy of those who have capital. But there is no necessary correlation between those who have capital with their intellect, producing ability, or anything else. It is solely about playing a flawed economic game where for the most part the chosen ones succeed.
From the Newsfeed
Powerline: Although Maryland is one of America’s bluest states, it has a Republican governor. In 2014, we elected Larry Hogan. It was only the second time in 48 years a Republican had won that office here. We haven’t had a Republican Senator since 1987. This year, the Democrats nominated Ben Jealous to run against Hogan. Jealous, formerly the head of the NAACP, is a hard leftist. He favors debt-free college, a state-based single payer health insurance, a 29 percent increase in teachers’ pay, and shrinking the prison population. Hogan is a popular governor, but in a state as blue as Maryland, this doesn’t assure his reelection. Just ask Bob Ehrlich, our last GOP governor. He had a positive approval rating, yet lost to Martin O’Malley (remember him?) in his reelection bid. However, to have a good chance of defeating Hogan, who is even more popular than Ehrlich was, Jealous will probably need a unified Democratic party. This entails securing support and endorsements from elements of the party that aren’t hard left. Jealous still has work to do. According to the Washington Post, influential State Senate President Mike Miller has “offered only tepid backing for Jealous while praising Hogan for ‘governing from the middle.’” Isiah “Ike” Leggett, the executive of Montgomery County where I live, has thus far declined to endorse Jealous because of concerns that the candidate’s positions on taxes, school funding, and Amazon.com’s second headquarters would penalize the County. “I’m not sure they [in the Jealous campaign] have thought through the impact and implications of some of the positions that they’ve taken,” says Leggett, charitably. He estimates that the county would pay 38 percent of the total revenue raised under Jealous’s socialism-in-one-state plan. That’s more than double our share of the state’s population. Other influential Democrats are strongly backing Jealous, but express disagreement with him on issues like state-based, single-payer health care. Sen. Ben Cardin is the best example of such a Democrat. The reservations regarding Jealous seem mainly the product of doubts he can defeat Hogan by running hard left. As a Democratic strategist told the Post, “everybody in the Democratic establishment is concerned that if he doesn’t moderate himself, he has no chance against Hogan.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- OUCH! Former Republican operative slams the GOP: “You have to burn the party to the ground” Why?
- Foul: Western countries penalize South Africa for exposing Omicron which may have started in the West.
- Chuck Todd dropped false equivalence between Dems & Republicans? Aren’t you embarrassed?
- Sen. Heitkamp hands Gov. Christie his a$$ on subsidizing state taxes. Southern states are the takers!
- Norm Ornstein defines the Republican Party: The GOP, It is not a party, it is a cult.
- Chuck Todd ridicules Mississippi Governor on vaccine mandate objection: It’s a pro-life position.
- The two infrastructure bills may be a worse capitulation than the two Obamacare bills.
- Mainstream media reporter tells an inconvenient truth about a 17-yr-old killer & the justice system.
- Big Pharma uses the patent system to rip us off. Example: Insulin costs $6 to make. We pay $300.
- What gun culture looks like- Simple problems solve by shooting & killing in broad daylight
- Panelists inadvertently inferred that our mythical free market is a fraud. Did you hear it?
- Biden slams profiteering oil company corporate thugs using their hostage-taking to push green energy
- Paul Gosar’s brother, Tim Gosar, appeared on Lawrence and completely slammed his character.
- Joy-Ann Reid agrees Quinnipiac Poll is incoherent and gives sound mitigating advice to Democrats
- The real danger of the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict is the consequences to these people.
- Nicolle Wallace slams Christie for his book giving Fox News a pass for lies & conspiracy theories.
- Did you just call the Democrats weenies: Donny Deutsch great advice to Democrats to win 2022
- POLL: AMERICA’s CONFUSED: Love Biden’s policies but would elect Republicans who would repeal them.
- Neoliberal economist Larry Summers supports sacrificing 4% of workers to stave off benign inflation.
- Inflation & Supply Chain problems are failures of private-sector profiteering, not the government