Racking one’s brain about the actions by the Democratic Party Establishment make one wonder if they fear Progressives more than Right Wing Fascist.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Last week I wrote the provocative article “I don’t speak this way, but I must now! Why is my Democratic Party so stupid?” that will be today’s blog of the week. It created a stir with many. I think too many miss the point I was trying to make and in that, I must take the blame. I told a commenter that today’s program would cover the subject in more detail and that I hoped folks would call in and say their piece. So for all of those who do not agree with the article or the sentiment, you will have a platform to voice your prose.
From the Newsfeed
EgbertoWillies.com: If this is not a severe form of voter suppression then what is. The Supreme Court is codifying a state’s right to discriminate against its citizens on just about any arbitrary reason. Worse the wording from Judge Alito should scare potential voters. According to NBC News, “In a 5-4 ruling, the U.S. Supreme Court gave Ohio a victory Monday in a fight over the state’s method for removing people from the voter rolls, a practice that civil rights groups said discourages minority turnout. At least a dozen other politically conservative states said they would adopt a similar practice if Ohio prevailed, as a way of keeping their voter registration lists accurate and up to date. … Justice Samuel Alito, who wrote the majority opinion, said the court’s job was not “to decide whether Ohio’s supplemental process is the ideal method for keeping its voting rolls up to date. The only question before us is whether it violates federal law. It does not.” Alito’s words should be concerning. In effect, it gives states the ability to purge voters for any arbitrary reason that they can squeak around the Supreme Court weakened Voters Registration Act. The Right is slowing eroding our democracy as they attempt to codify minority rule. A robust registration of voters can mitigate this anti-democratic act. We cannot allow them to use the Supreme Court to stifle Democracy. The people still rule.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Climate Change protests spur walkout of 100s of 1000s of students worldwide: The media yawn
- This TEA Party Activist proves that past the rhetoric, there is not much to offer.
- There’s Far More Diversity in Venezuela’s ‘Muzzled’ Media Than in US Corporate Press
- Democratic leadership needs to learn how to grandstand in the Trump era
- NYT Parrots US Propaganda on Hezbollah in Venezuela
- What is the so-called Forest Therapy?
- This Republican wants both Trump and Pence impeached. So is that a “Welcome Pelosi?”
- Progressive freshman Rep Katie Porter shows how to use a cable news interview to lead the narrative.
- Joy-Ann Reid puts Democratic Leadership timidity into perspective
- Or mandatory vasectomies?