The only things that can save the GOP in 2018 are either a continual distraction from the con man or a derelict Democratic Party Establishment. They have both.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Donald Trump may be right when he said that he does not believe the losses in November will be all that bad for the Republican Party. Trump recruited the mainstream media from the inception of his campaign. The exchange was a continual distraction that gets them a lot of eyeballs and with that a lot of money. In the process, the mainstream media forgot completely about reporting in a robust manner the decimation of the country through policies are lack thereof.
But that is not all. It is as if the Democratic Party Establishment decided to be complicit in the con man’s plan.
From the Newsfeed
The Independent: The deaths of designer Kate Spade and chef Anthony Bourdain, both of whom committed suicide in the last week, were not simply pop culture tragedies. They were the latest markers of an intractable public health crisis that has been unfolding in slow motion for a generation. Treatment for chronic depression and anxiety — often the precursors to suicide — has never been more available and more widespread. Yet the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) this week reported a steady, stubborn rise in America’s national suicide rate, up 25 percent since 1999.
The rates have been climbing each year across most age and ethnic groups. Suicide is now the 10th leading cause of death in the United States. Nearly 45,000 Americans killed themselves in 2016, twice the number who died by homicide. … The rise in suicide rates has coincided over the past two decades with a vast increase in the number of Americans given a diagnosis of depression or anxiety and treated with medication. The number of people taking an open-ended prescription for an antidepressant is at a historic high. More than 15 million Americans have been on the drugs for more than five years, a rate that has more than tripled since 2000. But if treatment is so helpful, why has its expansion not halted or reversed suicide trends?
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Climate Change protests spur walkout of 100s of 1000s of students worldwide: The media yawn
- This TEA Party Activist proves that past the rhetoric, there is not much to offer.
- There’s Far More Diversity in Venezuela’s ‘Muzzled’ Media Than in US Corporate Press
- Democratic leadership needs to learn how to grandstand in the Trump era
- NYT Parrots US Propaganda on Hezbollah in Venezuela
- What is the so-called Forest Therapy?
- This Republican wants both Trump and Pence impeached. So is that a “Welcome Pelosi?”
- Progressive freshman Rep Katie Porter shows how to use a cable news interview to lead the narrative.
- Joy-Ann Reid puts Democratic Leadership timidity into perspective
- Or mandatory vasectomies?