Ignore Russia, and Trump scandals. It is time to talk Medicare for All
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
As we sit back mesmerized by the level of corruption in the Trump administration, we continue to forget one important fact. The obsession with scandal after scandal is not productive. We must walk and chew gum at the same time. unfortunately, our mainstream media chooses not to do that. So as the Trump administration decimated the government and policies that protect and support Americans, there is virtual silence about the things that immediately affect Americans. Today we talk about one of them, healthcare, the Affordable Care Act, and Medicare for All.
From the Newsfeed
EgbertoWillies.com: A black former Obama administration staffer had the police called on him while moving into his new apartment in New York City. Darren Martin moved back to his hometown after spending several years working in the White House and on Capitol Hill, but his homecoming was complicated after a neighbor reported him Friday as a possible burglar, reported WPIX-TV. What is so pathetic about this incident is that it appears this is a gentrified neighborhood. Many up North, in their narrative, attempt to make racism a Southern thing. It isn’t. It is an American thing, a worldwide thing. It is time to penalize people who put the lives of black men and others in danger based on their racist, biased fears. Their fears are not the problem of black men or people of color. It is a disease they would do well to seek help for before they continue fertilizing the people-of-color killing fields. Reality shows us continuously that police all over the country are trigger happy with encounters with people of color, specifically black men. To my white friends, please note the following. Whenever you call the police, and you specify the person you fear is doing something wrong is black, or a person of color, compounded by the statement that they are carrying a weapon, please remember you could become an involuntary accessory to murder along with a cop that is unlikely to pay the price for said error.
CNBC: Amazon is now under scrutiny from both sides of the aisle, as Sen. Bernie Sanders echoed President Donald Trump’s criticism of the e-commerce giant in a tweet this week. “You know what Amazon paid in federal income taxes last year? Zero,” the 2016 Democratic presidential hopeful said in a tweet Monday evening. The Vermont senator linked to a Forbes article, which pointed to CEO Jeff Bezos’ rise in net worth as Amazon’s stock benefited from a huge earnings beat last week. Bezos, the world’s richest man by Forbes’ estimates, added $9 billion to his own value as the stock shot up. … As for Sanders’ claim, he may technically be correct. The company paid $957 million in total taxes last year, according to Amazon’s 2017 annual report. But it appears that money went to state and international taxes and Amazon had a credit for the federal level last year due to perfectly legal maneuvers related to stock-based compensation and the 2017 tax act.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- My message to those who believe challenging the fallibility of the West is a war on the West.
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock
- Jen Psaki dispatched two reporters trying to ding the president for calling some Republicans ULTRA MAGA
- Analysis by Fareed Zakaria: Blue America is Western Europe. Red America is Saudi Arabia & Nigeria.
- Jake Tapper grills MS Gov. on Roe overturn: Given your track record why should people believe you?
- Mallory McMorrow has a winning Democratic message for the next election. Lean in!
- Lawrence O’Donnell blasts Alito and the Right side of SCOTUS in the appropriately striking form.
- Jen Psaki stops a reporter who made Alito’s leaked brief, the story. It’s control of women’s bodies.
- WOW! Joe Scarborough destroys MAGA & GOP with examples: ‘THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.’
- Democratic neoliberal corporate sellout Henry Cuellar is on the defensive against Jessica Cisneros
- An angry Elizabeth Warren sides with Progressive over the anti-woman incumbent in the Texas runoff.
- Roe v. Wade overturn is the latest result of minority rule. And women will die.