Ignore Russia, and Trump scandals. It is time to talk Medicare for All
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
As we sit back mesmerized by the level of corruption in the Trump administration, we continue to forget one important fact. The obsession with scandal after scandal is not productive. We must walk and chew gum at the same time. unfortunately, our mainstream media chooses not to do that. So as the Trump administration decimated the government and policies that protect and support Americans, there is virtual silence about the things that immediately affect Americans. Today we talk about one of them, healthcare, the Affordable Care Act, and Medicare for All.
From the Newsfeed
EgbertoWillies.com: A black former Obama administration staffer had the police called on him while moving into his new apartment in New York City. Darren Martin moved back to his hometown after spending several years working in the White House and on Capitol Hill, but his homecoming was complicated after a neighbor reported him Friday as a possible burglar, reported WPIX-TV. What is so pathetic about this incident is that it appears this is a gentrified neighborhood. Many up North, in their narrative, attempt to make racism a Southern thing. It isn’t. It is an American thing, a worldwide thing. It is time to penalize people who put the lives of black men and others in danger based on their racist, biased fears. Their fears are not the problem of black men or people of color. It is a disease they would do well to seek help for before they continue fertilizing the people-of-color killing fields. Reality shows us continuously that police all over the country are trigger happy with encounters with people of color, specifically black men. To my white friends, please note the following. Whenever you call the police, and you specify the person you fear is doing something wrong is black, or a person of color, compounded by the statement that they are carrying a weapon, please remember you could become an involuntary accessory to murder along with a cop that is unlikely to pay the price for said error.
CNBC: Amazon is now under scrutiny from both sides of the aisle, as Sen. Bernie Sanders echoed President Donald Trump’s criticism of the e-commerce giant in a tweet this week. “You know what Amazon paid in federal income taxes last year? Zero,” the 2016 Democratic presidential hopeful said in a tweet Monday evening. The Vermont senator linked to a Forbes article, which pointed to CEO Jeff Bezos’ rise in net worth as Amazon’s stock benefited from a huge earnings beat last week. Bezos, the world’s richest man by Forbes’ estimates, added $9 billion to his own value as the stock shot up. … As for Sanders’ claim, he may technically be correct. The company paid $957 million in total taxes last year, according to Amazon’s 2017 annual report. But it appears that money went to state and international taxes and Amazon had a credit for the federal level last year due to perfectly legal maneuvers related to stock-based compensation and the 2017 tax act.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Epic! MSNBC’s Tiffany Cross decimates Republican on what the GOP stands for.
- Congresswoman’s interview makes clear we cannot forget insurrection nor allow guilty to go free
- Names of the Capitol alleged insurrectionaries with complaints or indictments.
- The words Biden’s Inauguration Poet Amanda Gorman used in Lester Holt interview even more insightful
- Texas Activists carrying symbolic coffins marched at the home of Ted Cruz demanding his resignation.
- Watch President Biden tells his staff that he will fire them on the spot for Trump-like behavior!
- The Capitol Assault—Roots and Solutions
- Chuck Todd to false equivalency Republican, Only one side that tried to overthrow the Capitol.
- McConnell throws Trump, Ted Cruz, & Josh Hawley under the bus on the seditious insurrection.
- Camo or no, traitors clearly visible
- Katy Tur panel explains how the Republican Party became a cult.
- Why good people do evil things with a clear conscience? Abstraction explained.
- Karen Finney: “This is who we are.” But her message to both Democrats & the GOP was more profound.
- Southern Populism and the Secret History of Segregation
- Insurrection on Capitol: Funeral for White Supremacy. These people are the barnacles on the future.
- Rep. Clyburn calls them out as a hate group and reveals an American unfortunate truth.
- Rep. Jim Clyburn admonished Republicans. Tell the truth about the election. Stop hurting the country.
- Why Jan 6th attempted coup on the US should give legs to #DefundThePolice
- Are hunters really the biggest conservationists in America?
- What are ski resorts, gear makers, and professional skiers and snowboarders doing to fight global warming?