Ignore Russia, and Trump scandals. It is time to talk Medicare for All
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
As we sit back mesmerized by the level of corruption in the Trump administration, we continue to forget one important fact. The obsession with scandal after scandal is not productive. We must walk and chew gum at the same time. unfortunately, our mainstream media chooses not to do that. So as the Trump administration decimated the government and policies that protect and support Americans, there is virtual silence about the things that immediately affect Americans. Today we talk about one of them, healthcare, the Affordable Care Act, and Medicare for All.
From the Newsfeed
EgbertoWillies.com: A black former Obama administration staffer had the police called on him while moving into his new apartment in New York City. Darren Martin moved back to his hometown after spending several years working in the White House and on Capitol Hill, but his homecoming was complicated after a neighbor reported him Friday as a possible burglar, reported WPIX-TV. What is so pathetic about this incident is that it appears this is a gentrified neighborhood. Many up North, in their narrative, attempt to make racism a Southern thing. It isn’t. It is an American thing, a worldwide thing. It is time to penalize people who put the lives of black men and others in danger based on their racist, biased fears. Their fears are not the problem of black men or people of color. It is a disease they would do well to seek help for before they continue fertilizing the people-of-color killing fields. Reality shows us continuously that police all over the country are trigger happy with encounters with people of color, specifically black men. To my white friends, please note the following. Whenever you call the police, and you specify the person you fear is doing something wrong is black, or a person of color, compounded by the statement that they are carrying a weapon, please remember you could become an involuntary accessory to murder along with a cop that is unlikely to pay the price for said error.
CNBC: Amazon is now under scrutiny from both sides of the aisle, as Sen. Bernie Sanders echoed President Donald Trump’s criticism of the e-commerce giant in a tweet this week. “You know what Amazon paid in federal income taxes last year? Zero,” the 2016 Democratic presidential hopeful said in a tweet Monday evening. The Vermont senator linked to a Forbes article, which pointed to CEO Jeff Bezos’ rise in net worth as Amazon’s stock benefited from a huge earnings beat last week. Bezos, the world’s richest man by Forbes’ estimates, added $9 billion to his own value as the stock shot up. … As for Sanders’ claim, he may technically be correct. The company paid $957 million in total taxes last year, according to Amazon’s 2017 annual report. But it appears that money went to state and international taxes and Amazon had a credit for the federal level last year due to perfectly legal maneuvers related to stock-based compensation and the 2017 tax act.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.
- Mehdi Hasan has a message to Democrats over Biden’s sinking polls: Calm down! Here is what to do!
- KUDOS to Rep Jayapal saying that challenging misdeeds by the Israeli government isn’t antisemitic.
- Stephanopoulos slams Scalise for CBO doubletalk on funding Israel vs IRS agents auditing tax cheats.
- What’s the connection between the onset of global warming & an increase in violent human behavior?
- What’s the latest, greatest, and greenest today in countertop materials, flooring, paint, and appliances?