Ignore Russia, and Trump scandals. It is time to talk Medicare for All
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
As we sit back mesmerized by the level of corruption in the Trump administration, we continue to forget one important fact. The obsession with scandal after scandal is not productive. We must walk and chew gum at the same time. unfortunately, our mainstream media chooses not to do that. So as the Trump administration decimated the government and policies that protect and support Americans, there is virtual silence about the things that immediately affect Americans. Today we talk about one of them, healthcare, the Affordable Care Act, and Medicare for All.
From the Newsfeed
EgbertoWillies.com: A black former Obama administration staffer had the police called on him while moving into his new apartment in New York City. Darren Martin moved back to his hometown after spending several years working in the White House and on Capitol Hill, but his homecoming was complicated after a neighbor reported him Friday as a possible burglar, reported WPIX-TV. What is so pathetic about this incident is that it appears this is a gentrified neighborhood. Many up North, in their narrative, attempt to make racism a Southern thing. It isn’t. It is an American thing, a worldwide thing. It is time to penalize people who put the lives of black men and others in danger based on their racist, biased fears. Their fears are not the problem of black men or people of color. It is a disease they would do well to seek help for before they continue fertilizing the people-of-color killing fields. Reality shows us continuously that police all over the country are trigger happy with encounters with people of color, specifically black men. To my white friends, please note the following. Whenever you call the police, and you specify the person you fear is doing something wrong is black, or a person of color, compounded by the statement that they are carrying a weapon, please remember you could become an involuntary accessory to murder along with a cop that is unlikely to pay the price for said error.
CNBC: Amazon is now under scrutiny from both sides of the aisle, as Sen. Bernie Sanders echoed President Donald Trump’s criticism of the e-commerce giant in a tweet this week. “You know what Amazon paid in federal income taxes last year? Zero,” the 2016 Democratic presidential hopeful said in a tweet Monday evening. The Vermont senator linked to a Forbes article, which pointed to CEO Jeff Bezos’ rise in net worth as Amazon’s stock benefited from a huge earnings beat last week. Bezos, the world’s richest man by Forbes’ estimates, added $9 billion to his own value as the stock shot up. … As for Sanders’ claim, he may technically be correct. The company paid $957 million in total taxes last year, according to Amazon’s 2017 annual report. But it appears that money went to state and international taxes and Amazon had a credit for the federal level last year due to perfectly legal maneuvers related to stock-based compensation and the 2017 tax act.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.
- Stephanie Ruhle blast Republicans after they admit lying about the steal, CRT, and litter boxes
- REALLY? Fox News has a novel and condescendingly sexist message to get women to vote for Republicans
- Matthew Dowd nailed the election as if he was reading a crystal ball
- Fox News slams GOP: Voters said no thanks to the Republican alternative. They’ve indicted the Party.
- Clubs in Action via Humble Area Democrats canvass right up to this existential midterm.