The DCCC is continuing its efforts to sabotage the election and we must not let them get away with it.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
I will continue to force this subject until all of the primaries are over. We must not allow the failed DCCC to continue disqualifying progressives in our primaries. This morning I read the ThinkProgress article “Arkansas Democratic primary raises questions about the party’s future” and it was deja vu all over again.
Paul Spencer has known his fellow Democrat Clarke Tucker, for a long time. To hear him tell it, the Tucker he knows is a “man of integrity and values.” But something changed when the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) showed up in town. “Clarke… spent $350,000 over the last couple weeks. He bought a poll, he got some pretty vanilla advertising,” Spencer, who’s running against Tucker in the Democratic primary in Arkansas’ second district said in an interview with ThinkProgress. “But that’s all coming from the D.C. side of this.” Spencer went on, saying, “On a personal level, the Clarke Tucker that I know, he’s a different animal than what his campaign would project…He was against dark money. Unfortunately when the DCCC comes in that’s what the new paradigm is.”
This is what we must fight now.
From the Newsfeed
NYTimes: The Supreme Court on Monday ruled that companies can use arbitration clauses in employment contracts to prohibit workers from banding together to take legal action over workplace issues. The vote was 5 to 4, with the court’s more conservative justices in the majority. The court’s decision could affect some 25 million employment contracts. Writing for the majority, Justice Neil M. Gorsuch said the court’s conclusion was dictated by a federal law favoring arbitration and the court’s precedents. If workers were allowed to band together to press their claims, he wrote, “the virtues Congress originally saw in arbitration, its speed and simplicity and inexpensiveness, would be shorn away and arbitration would wind up looking like the litigation it was meant to displace.” Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg read her dissent from the bench, a sign of profound disagreement. In her written dissent, she called the majority opinion “egregiously wrong.” In her oral statement, she said the upshot of the decision “will be huge under-enforcement of federal and state statutes designed to advance the well being of vulnerable workers.” Justice Ginsburg called on Congress to address the matter. Brian T. Fitzpatrick, a law professor at Vanderbilt University who studies arbitrations and class actions, said the ruling was unsurprising in light of earlier Supreme Court decisions. Justice Gorsuch, he added, “appears to have put his cards on the table as firmly in favor of allowing class actions to be stamped out through arbitration agreements.” As a result, Professor Fitzpatrick said “it is only a matter of time until the most powerful device to hold corporations accountable for their misdeeds is lost altogether.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- My message to those who believe challenging the fallibility of the West is a war on the West.
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock
- Jen Psaki dispatched two reporters trying to ding the president for calling some Republicans ULTRA MAGA
- Analysis by Fareed Zakaria: Blue America is Western Europe. Red America is Saudi Arabia & Nigeria.
- Jake Tapper grills MS Gov. on Roe overturn: Given your track record why should people believe you?
- Mallory McMorrow has a winning Democratic message for the next election. Lean in!
- Lawrence O’Donnell blasts Alito and the Right side of SCOTUS in the appropriately striking form.
- Jen Psaki stops a reporter who made Alito’s leaked brief, the story. It’s control of women’s bodies.
- WOW! Joe Scarborough destroys MAGA & GOP with examples: ‘THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.’
- Democratic neoliberal corporate sellout Henry Cuellar is on the defensive against Jessica Cisneros
- An angry Elizabeth Warren sides with Progressive over the anti-woman incumbent in the Texas runoff.
- Roe v. Wade overturn is the latest result of minority rule. And women will die.