I should have expected the response I got from some Democrats to the article that warned about the 2018 election
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
I was very disappointed by the response to my article titled “A warning to the Democratic Party: You cannot win like this ” posted to the DailyKos frontpage on Sunday. It is quarantined until midnight before I can place it on egbertowillies.com here.
Many of the responses simply disregarded the reality that has been facing Democrats now for decades. We will discuss that and how to cure this bipartisan dysfunction.
From the Newsfeed
CNN.com: First lady Melania Trump underwent kidney surgery Monday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center near Washington, DC, according to a statement from her office. Trump had been experiencing an issue with her kidney that her office described as benign but requiring medical attention.
“This morning, first lady Melania Trump underwent an embolization procedure to treat a benign kidney condition. The procedure was successful, and there were no complications,” the first lady’s communications director, Stephanie Grisham, said in a statement. “Mrs. Trump is at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and will likely remain there for the duration of the week. The first lady looks forward to a full recovery so she can continue her work on behalf of children everywhere,” Grisham wrote.
CBSNews: The rush for legal sports betting is on, and gamblers around the U.S. have New Jersey to thank for what experts think will be an onslaught of action. Monday’s Supreme Court’s ruling strikes down a 1992 federal law barring gambling on football, basketball and other sports in most states. Within minutes of the decision becoming public, state governments and companies announced plans to jump into the betting business. “This ruling gives us the ability to further diversify our product offerings and build on our unique capacity to drive fan engagement.” said Jason Robins, CEO of DraftKings, in a statement. “DraftKings is well-positioned to capitalize on sports betting, given that it already runs the world’s largest daily fantasy sports mobile platform that includes stringent consumer protections and transparency for nearly 10 million customers.” DraftKings offers daily and weekly fantasy sports contests in 10 professional sports areas, according to the company. The high court’s ruling abolishes the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, or PASPA, a 1992 law that banned most states from legalizing sports gambling. New Jersey had an exception under the law that would have let it set up some sports betting in the state’s casinos provided the state did so within a year, according to Scotusblog, which tracks and analyzes Supreme Court decisions.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- ‘Speak English’: Comments on the most powerful politician in Houston, Lina Hidalgo
- Wow! Chuck Todd makes two solid journalistic points in one show (VIDEO)
- Her mother-in-law slowly & methodically killed by our immoral healthcare system
- Traditional Maintream Media Erase Years of Gains by Chavismo
- Millennial on the State of our Union: It’s like the fall of the Roman Empire but with WiFi
- My biggest fears on Trump and Russia have been realized and it did not have to be this way.
- Is opposition to Medicare for All to save investors while killing and bankrupting Americans moral?
- Human adaptability has gotten us this far but now it is killing us
- Interview with activist Eleanor Goldfield discussing the state of our democracy and more
- Here is what the home of the future will look like