It is clear that Texas is ripe for a change to go Blue now
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today we discuss what I believe is a likelihood many may not yet believe is possible. I am starting to become convinced that Texas will turn Blue during the 2018 midterms.
From the Newsfeed
Al Jazeera: Teachers in the US states of Arizona and Colorado left their classrooms on Thursday to call for better pay and increases in public school funding.Tens of thousands of educators marched through the streets of Phoenix, the capital of Arizona, demanding that legislators fix a number of issues, including low educator salaries and overcrowded classrooms with more than 30 students per teacher. In an April 19 poll by the Arizona Education Association (AEA) and grassroots organising group Arizona Educators United, 78 percent of 57,000 educators voted in support of the walkout. It is the first in the state’s history. Meanwhile, teachers in Colorado also protested on Thursday, resulting in the closure of several school districts, according to local media. Schools across the United States have seen their budgets slashed since the economic downturn of 2007, known as the Great Recession. Teachers in the US states of Arizona and Colorado left their classrooms on Thursday to call for better pay and increases in public school funding. The protests in Arizona and Colorado follow similar demonstrations in West Virginia, Oklahoma and Kentucky.
Vox: A newly released secret recording shows a rare glimpse into the Democratic Party’s strategy of boosting certain candidates in primaries across the country as the party enters a competitive 2018 election with a shot at taking back the US House of Representatives. The recording, first reported by the Intercept’s Lee Fang, features House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, the No. 2 House Democrat, who has been campaigning and fundraising on behalf of many candidates. Hoyer was secretly recorded by Levi Tillemann, a progressive Democrat running in Colorado’s Sixth District, as the two met at a Denver Hilton. In the recording, Hoyer is heard saying, “Staying out of primaries sounds small-D democratic, very intellectual, and very interesting. But it was clear that it was our policy and our hope that, early on, try to come to an agreement on a candidate that we thought could win the general, and to give that candidate all the help we could give them.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Rep. Jayapal obliterates CNN’s Bash attempt to carry a ‘Hierarchy of Oppression’ Israeli narrative.
- Netanyahu defies Biden: He boasted about controlling US and going against US for ground invasion.
- GOP Staffer: Everybody should vote for Joe Biden if they want our Democracy to survive.
- Explanation of Medicare and why Medicare Advantage is a SCAM on all taxpayers.
- SAD: Family finds out that America may be just as violent & dangerous as Gaza.
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.