It is clear that Texas is ripe for a change to go Blue now
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today we discuss what I believe is a likelihood many may not yet believe is possible. I am starting to become convinced that Texas will turn Blue during the 2018 midterms.
From the Newsfeed
Al Jazeera: Teachers in the US states of Arizona and Colorado left their classrooms on Thursday to call for better pay and increases in public school funding.Tens of thousands of educators marched through the streets of Phoenix, the capital of Arizona, demanding that legislators fix a number of issues, including low educator salaries and overcrowded classrooms with more than 30 students per teacher. In an April 19 poll by the Arizona Education Association (AEA) and grassroots organising group Arizona Educators United, 78 percent of 57,000 educators voted in support of the walkout. It is the first in the state’s history. Meanwhile, teachers in Colorado also protested on Thursday, resulting in the closure of several school districts, according to local media. Schools across the United States have seen their budgets slashed since the economic downturn of 2007, known as the Great Recession. Teachers in the US states of Arizona and Colorado left their classrooms on Thursday to call for better pay and increases in public school funding. The protests in Arizona and Colorado follow similar demonstrations in West Virginia, Oklahoma and Kentucky.
Vox: A newly released secret recording shows a rare glimpse into the Democratic Party’s strategy of boosting certain candidates in primaries across the country as the party enters a competitive 2018 election with a shot at taking back the US House of Representatives. The recording, first reported by the Intercept’s Lee Fang, features House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, the No. 2 House Democrat, who has been campaigning and fundraising on behalf of many candidates. Hoyer was secretly recorded by Levi Tillemann, a progressive Democrat running in Colorado’s Sixth District, as the two met at a Denver Hilton. In the recording, Hoyer is heard saying, “Staying out of primaries sounds small-D democratic, very intellectual, and very interesting. But it was clear that it was our policy and our hope that, early on, try to come to an agreement on a candidate that we thought could win the general, and to give that candidate all the help we could give them.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- My message to those who believe challenging the fallibility of the West is a war on the West.
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock
- Jen Psaki dispatched two reporters trying to ding the president for calling some Republicans ULTRA MAGA
- Analysis by Fareed Zakaria: Blue America is Western Europe. Red America is Saudi Arabia & Nigeria.
- Jake Tapper grills MS Gov. on Roe overturn: Given your track record why should people believe you?
- Mallory McMorrow has a winning Democratic message for the next election. Lean in!
- Lawrence O’Donnell blasts Alito and the Right side of SCOTUS in the appropriately striking form.
- Jen Psaki stops a reporter who made Alito’s leaked brief, the story. It’s control of women’s bodies.
- WOW! Joe Scarborough destroys MAGA & GOP with examples: ‘THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.’
- Democratic neoliberal corporate sellout Henry Cuellar is on the defensive against Jessica Cisneros
- An angry Elizabeth Warren sides with Progressive over the anti-woman incumbent in the Texas runoff.
- Roe v. Wade overturn is the latest result of minority rule. And women will die.